PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR 6 water pump

ichthos
03-26-2006, 04:52 PM
Hello All,
I need more advice. My water pump is leaking. I have not been able to pinpoint the leak. It is not leaking around the hoses. I am hoping to get my car started next week, so until then I will not be able to get fluid pressure to help. Is there anyone that repairs these and does a good job? Is it even worth while to get it repaired?
Thanks, Kevin

TR4nut
03-26-2006, 06:52 PM
My TR4 will never be mistaken for a concourse winner, so maybe my opinion won't be the same as others. But with places like BPNorthwest or Moss not far from you I would spend the $60 and get a new pump - I've never attempted to rebuild one on my own, but a pump is not something I want to mess with and have it fail down the road when I'm stuck in traffic somewhere.

Good luck!
Randy

trrdster2000
03-26-2006, 07:24 PM
ichthors, you would be lucky to find a rebuild kit, if you did they are easy to do except you will need a press to get it apart and back together. Check with your local NAPA Dealer as I found mind for $40 about a year ago there. You will have to tell them if it's the early 3/8 or the later 1/2 inch belt and if you need the single or two pully kind. Wayne