PDA

View Full Version : srtip tease, this time with picture!

gsalt57tr3
03-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Oops!

The striping is finished, washing today, will be in the paint shop early next week.

Interior pieces were collected yesterday for new upholstery, and the wiring harness has been ordered.

TR4
03-23-2006, 03:50 PM
Glenn, I am gealous. You have to be having way too much fun with this project. Keep us posted on your progress.

Phil

gsalt57tr3
03-25-2006, 07:26 PM
FUN!?

The archeologist in me (I actually have a degree in Anthropology) was appalled at the activities of the POs.

The left rear fender had alot of bondo, as did the left door and both wings. The floor pans were pretty decent, I think from being here in Fresno (pretty dry) for the last 30 years.

At a car show last October a guy came by and said he used to own the car. He came back about an hour later with pictures of his restoration. Bear in mind this was a non professional restoration in the mid 70s. Restoration by his standards meant get it running.

Anyway, it was real funny, we removed the TR3a apron that was bondoed to cover the holes for the Triumph letters, so that it would be minus the letters like a TR3. The Small mouth we installed had holes drilled to accomadate the letters, apparently to match a TR3a. So the small mouth has been on at least 3 cars now.

Recycling at its finest.