PDA

View Full Version : GT6 Good News for the '69 GT6+

77_MG_Midget
03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
Well, I had found a complete front end, radiator, doors and seats on E-Bay. The parts are located in Mobile, AL, and the price was right ($350.00 for all), but the shipping was going to kill me... $2,200.00.

Got in contact with a truck driver from a motorcycle forum who has offered to pick up the parts and deliver them to Las Vegas, for free!!!!! He drives between Florida and California. So, in about 2 weeks, I'll have the major part of the car I need begin a restore!

I was checking out the motor, which unbelievably is still free. I had to go to the machine shop to pick up my flywheel for my MG, and on the wall was a picture of a GT6 being raced. It turns out the machine shop owner built the motor for the car back in the '70's. So, I guess I know who'll be seeing another GT6 motor in the future...

Andrew Mace
03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Wow, you lucked out all around on that eBay deal! I'm a bit surprised you could even get the front end for that kind of money. Hope it all works out....

Mickey Richaud
03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Sometimes a plan just falls into place, doesn't it? Sounds like it was meant to be!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif Mickey

tdskip
03-20-2006, 06:13 PM
Nice! I'm in town (Vegas) early April so if you want a hand on the first Saturday of the month let me know.

77_MG_Midget
03-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Thanks for the offer TD.... Right now though, i'm just gathering parts as I have to finish my Midget and get her out of the garage. Won't be too much longer, gonna be setting the motor and trans in the little MG this weekend.
Are you coming to town for a little vacation?