PDA

View Full Version : Winter project finished today!!!!!

als
03-11-2006, 05:33 PM
Today is the BIG day.... my winter '06 project is done (mostly). In fact, except for some minor stuff, the whole car is done.

This winter I pulled the engine, transmission, and everything else from the engine compartment, stripped everything down to bare metal, had it professionally painted, re-installed everything I had taken out (with a few improvements) after refurbishing virtually every part.... Whew!!!!

If you are interested in some pictures, go here:

[url=https://www.ourjournal.ca/Midget.htm]

Many postings on this forum have helped me get this done with little fuss. Many thanks to you all.

Regards
Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

tony barnhill
03-11-2006, 06:27 PM
https://www.ourjournal.ca/Midget.htm

Nice work!

vping
03-11-2006, 06:55 PM
Nice job!!!

adam70
03-11-2006, 07:09 PM
looks really good. excellent job

tony barnhill
03-11-2006, 07:26 PM
But you look kinda cold in one of the photos....hehehehe

Trevor Jessie
03-11-2006, 08:02 PM
oooooh, shiney... very nice!

Morris
03-11-2006, 10:38 PM
Dang that's nice! You do fine work, sir.

jlaird
03-11-2006, 10:46 PM
Man you do nice work, and a helper as well. That's what I need. What's next? What's left?

aeronca65t
03-12-2006, 07:00 AM
Man, that is one nice green 1500 Spridget! (at this point, mine is mostly painted with Rustoleum rattlecans)

DrEntropy
03-12-2006, 08:01 AM
I must agree. Well done.

als
03-12-2006, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the kind words.... The green is really pretty, but I can't take credit for it. The PO took it to a body shop and told them to "paint it green" so they picked this color, at random I think. It really grew on us quite quickly, so when I had the car repainted I had them use the same color. The body shop supply store used the miracle of modern technology supplied by DuPont to figure out the right mix, and it was perfect.

There are a couple of small cosmetic things to do.I am probably the only person in the universe who would notice them. To show you how nuts I am(and maybe some of you are), I am thinking about how to do the underside of the car next.

As I mentioned, I still have to refinish the wheels in the correct silver and black configuration which I will do early this spring.

The first show it will be going this year is May 20th, the All British Field Meet.This event drew 560 cars last year, so its a biggy.

Regards
Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF