PDA

View Full Version : Free service manual

65mini
01-31-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey i am every one just signed up for this page. I was looking for a FREE service manual on the internet. COuldn't find one any one have a link. I looked in the search too still no luck.

Its for a 65 mini but the 69 - 2001 manual will be fine.
Thanks
Al

Claude
02-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Hello, I am also a newbie on the forum, I am 56 and live in Belgium. I own a 93 Cooper SPI, a 77 Leyland Clubman Estate and a 78 MG Midget 1500.
You ara Canadian and perhaps you understand french because the following link is from France:

https://www.mini.online.fr/docs.htm

Claude

aeronca65t
02-01-2006, 06:56 AM
Welcome to you both!

I have not seen any free Mini manuals on the internet, perhaps partly due to the threat of copywrite infringment (obviously, it's illegal to simply scan a recent book and put it up on the interenet).

However, I do know a source of older service manuals for some cars with 'A" series engines, plus SU carbs and Lucas generators. This may be of some use to you. You can find it here:

https://www.1978mgmidget.com/manuals_and_booklets.html

Bruce Bowker
02-01-2006, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey i am every one just signed up for this page. I was looking for a FREE service manual on the internet. COuldn't find one any one have a link. I looked in the search too still no luck.

Its for a 65 mini but the 69 - 2001 manual will be fine.

Thanks
Al

[/ QUOTE ]

A 1969-2001 manual, if you are using it to actually do repairs, will not have the information you need for a true 1965 Mini.

Bruce

dklawson
02-01-2006, 12:24 PM
I agree with Bruce. The Mini did evolve over the years and you need a manual for a Mk1 (in your case).

Heritage has recently made some of the technical manuals available on CD. They are available at Mini Mania among other locations. There is still a lot to be said for a hard-copy of a manual to spread out on the bench while you work. Two texts to look for (at Amazon.com and eBay) are the Haynes manual covering cars up to 1969 and the AutoBook (AutoPress) manual for the Mini by Kenneth Bell. Armed with those two books you can do most any task.

Welcome aboard.

Bruce Bowker
02-01-2006, 07:57 PM
Is there a reason not to pay a few dollars for the correct one? Mine has paid for itself with just one repair that it made possible.

Bruce