PDA

View Full Version : TR6 TR6 broken diff mount

Gary_Goldsborough
11-25-2005, 01:21 PM
New to the group; Greetings all. I just got a 76 TR6 that has a broken differential mount. I understand this is a commonm problem. Have any of you had to deal with this? Any suggestions to avoid removing body from frame to repair it?
Thanks,

tr6web
11-25-2005, 01:43 PM
I have the same issue with my 6. The body is not all that bad except the sills and some of the frame so I can't justify a frame off repair unless I had the $$$. John Burket, from Triumphworks (www.triumphworks.com), in Claysburg, PA can handle this. He has a special jig set up to repair frames with the body on. His prices are on the web site too.

My name is on his list. Unfortunately, it's long. He said he'll probably get to it in the Spring. Anyway, maybe try him or call him to see what he thinks. You're a long way from PA, but maybe he's worth talking to.

trboost
11-25-2005, 01:59 PM
HeyGary,

It seem you have most of it apart already , so the rest is getting a welder ( unless your equiped ) & making plates from the attatched templates. It's important to drill some holes in the plates to allow air flow & paint all the new steel & welds.

Gary_Goldsborough
11-25-2005, 08:46 PM
thanks for the ideas. I'm no welder but am sure I can find one.