PDA

View Full Version : HELP.............Carnival Red?

STiger
10-10-2005, 03:37 PM
Does anyone have a picture of a car that's supposed to be Carnival Red? Was it popular or considered hidious? Anyone have a link to paint chips on the net, that would be helpfull.

inked
10-10-2005, 06:21 PM
love the color! both my 67 tiger and 67 alpine are carnival red which was their original colors. never considered another color on either one when they were being restored.

i attached a photo of my tiger.

Barry Knight
10-12-2005, 08:52 AM
Carnival Red (#39) was a nice color when it left the factory, but after 10-15 years it turned a hideous orange / yellow / pink shade. That is probably why you very seldom see a Carnival Red Alpine or Tiger that has not been repainted.

Porsche Guards Red is a popular modern version that is very close to the original color (maybe a little less yellow ???) and is readily available.

Try going to https://www.saoca.org/sforum/index.php and then using the search function to look for "paint chips". Jan Servaites (JumpinJan) has paint chips available for most (if not all) the Alpine and Tiger colors.

Adventurer_96
01-30-2006, 02:38 AM
I repainted my Tiger Carnival Red since it's the original color, and I like red convertibles.

When I removed the dash pad during the restoration, I saw the original color and I was very happy I'd already committed to the color since it's, well, bright.

trrdster2000
02-13-2006, 07:29 PM
STiger, love the color, but be careful when asking for it at a paint shop as the newer Jag Carnival Red may be what they look up and it's nice but not the same. Wayne

DrEntropy
02-16-2006, 06:51 PM
Not jumped in here 'till I saw the colour post... Is it ~possible~ the Carnival Red being discussed is the same Carnival Red used by Lotus (and FORD)???

I've both my Loti in the colour. They came from Hethel clad in it.