PDA

View Full Version : Rivergate Five Speed Conversion

sfovc2003
09-17-2005, 01:34 AM
Can anyone suggest a shop here in Northern Califoria to do a Rivergate five speed conversion on my 59 bugeye?

Trevor Jessie
09-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Sorry, I can't help with suggestion, but..
Have you considered doing it yourself?
I did it in a weekend and the directions were very clear.

sfovc2003
09-17-2005, 10:26 PM
I would, but the house is in the middle of a major remodel and the garage is torn up. I thought this would be a good time to get it out of the garage and have some work done on it.

Trevor Jessie
09-18-2005, 01:10 PM
If you want to drive across Oregon, then Paul Asgeirsson of morriservice could help. He makes his own 5-speed kit. Or, do you already have the rivergate kit? If not, you might call him (503-978-3998) and ask if he can suggest somebody to install his kit.

msoylemez
01-12-2006, 07:34 PM
Paul is a super nice and helpful guy. Spent a lot of time with me on something that didn't directly benefit him (from a $ perspective)...I would try him. Let me know if you need contact info

tony barnhill
01-12-2006, 07:35 PM
Rivergate folks are super nice..they'll halp you do it yourself, if you choose to do so.

lesingepsycho
01-13-2006, 12:15 AM
I live about 5 minutes from Paul Asgeirsson here in portland so obviously I went with him for my 5-speed kit. It was well worth it, besides, I liked the looks of his kit better from a technical aspect anyways. His clutch set-up appealed to me more. Anyways, he helped me tons and the kit was awesome!! I also installed it start to finish, drivable to drivable in two days. Day one was tear down and prep, day two was install and fine tune. Absolutely the best bang for the buck dollar for dollar that I ever put into my Midget! He doesn't have a website though so you will have to call him but he is a nice guy and by talking to a real human being that devotes time to making sure you get your kit and do it right, also a nice touch.

JACK