PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Throttle linkage cross rod

Frank Canale
07-03-2019, 09:45 AM
I have removed the throttle (accelerator pedal) linkage from the fire wall. The rod that crosses between the bearing mounts is slightly bent, very obvious and does not look factory. Should this rod have the bow to it or should it be straight? Frank

TR3driver
07-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Should be straight. But its easy to bend when removing or installing the engine.

Geo Hahn
07-04-2019, 08:48 PM
Yeah, mine was bent - still worked okay. As Randall notes... probably occurred during and engine pull of a gearbox removal (engine raised too much).

Frank Canale
07-04-2019, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the information. The hard part was getting the pins that hold the linkage to the rod. Once they were out I was able to tig up a groove worn in the shaft by the spring washer. The cross rod was easier than I thought it would be to straighten. All the linkage has been bead blasted and put away in a tote to be painted at a later date. I have not decided on what paint to use on bits and pieces and brackets. Still a ways down the road. Frank

sp53
07-05-2019, 04:26 PM
I have never seen a straight one, but I have straitened a few out. I am not sure, but they might all be black and there a 2 types. On the early one the gas pedal on the end comes off. I bought some of the nylon bushings before and they were too big, so a good stock set up maybe as good as it gets. Take some pictures of stuff like that on a tr3 because that pedal goes in kinda counterintuitive. Plus get the pedal back in before the motor. It will go back in with the engine in place, but only after lots of prayer.
steve