PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Father's Day ride

PeterK
06-17-2019, 08:27 AM
Finally got my 3A out of winter hibernation after fluid changes all around, lubed all zerks, then rebuild clutch master that was leaking. Hardest part was R&R of the m/c. It needed a new line from the m/c to slave connection - too tight to remove so I cut the old one out after finding a new one in my stash as well as a new kit to rebuild the m/c.

So yesterday was my first ride, only my 2nd Father's Day after finding out I had a grown son in 2017. My son lives out of state but he was with me in the empty passenger seat. WooHoo x 2. Love you Jacob!

Happy Father's Day to all. Now I know too.

NutmegCT
06-17-2019, 08:40 AM
Congrats Peter on *both* the discoveries.

And some day, may Jacob share the ride with you in person.
Tom M.

PeterK
06-17-2019, 11:46 AM
Thanks Tom! Jacob and I bonded right away and became part of each others life. He's been here, riding in the 3A and this summer, I'll teach him the "stick."

btw - He's my only child and at my age 66 is a real gift!

STeve 1958
06-17-2019, 05:45 PM
I know what it's like to ride alone. My family went to South America to visit relatives while I stayed home to work.
They even took the dog with them. So I was out Sunday in the TR3 with my invisible friend. Had a great drive though
and got lots of comments from people on the street.

CJD
06-18-2019, 09:44 AM
Cool, now you have someone to pass the car down to! Remember, God frowns on selling Triumphs prior to, well, death...

https://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?105813-A-Sign-from-m-God