PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Crankshaft Pulley Configurations

mastaphixa
01-06-2019, 05:24 PM
I have run across 2 different crankshaft pulley configurations. In the attached image on the left side is a solid backed pulley half and on the right is the stamped style pulley half that I am used to seeing. The front half of both are identical. Has anybody else see this style of aft pulley half before?

TR4nut
01-07-2019, 11:04 AM
Interesting. I’ve only seen the right one. Any idea what car had the left version? Any chance it is home made?

CJD
01-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Whichever of those you decide to use...be sure to use a speedy sleeve for a good oil seal!

mastaphixa
01-07-2019, 07:56 PM
John, the speedi sleeve repair is kind of how I got into all of this. I was inspecting the hub and noticed a deep groove in it and started looking at speedi sleeve repairs and when I measured the hub it had quite a taper on it and it was too small for the speedi sleeve that people usually use. I popped a hub and pulley off of a locked up engine I have and it had a really good hub (with a little pitting in the seal area, so it will need a speedi sleeve anyway) and I ran into this unusual configuration of rear pulley.
Steve Baker