PDA

View Full Version : Targeted Advertising

catfood
07-01-2018, 05:06 AM
We all know the adverts we see on the internet are based on a profile built up from the web pages we visit, our search profile etc. Seems my 'financial' profile may be a bit screwed. On the same webpage I had an advert for a new Aston Martin on one side (I wish) and an advert for a supermarket shelf stacking job on the other!

Mickey Richaud
07-01-2018, 06:54 AM
We all know the adverts we see on the internet are based on a profile built up from the web pages we visit, our search profile etc. Seems my 'financial' profile may be a bit screwed. On the same webpage I had an advert for a new Aston Martin on one side (I wish) and an advert for a supermarket shelf stacking job on the other!

Eclectic, aren't we? :jester:

DrEntropy
07-01-2018, 06:56 AM
You've got 'em befuddled!

NutmegCT
07-01-2018, 07:00 AM
Your internet financial profile is screwed up? Shows what happens when you run low on cache.

<ducks and runs>

JPSmit
07-01-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm not sure sure I would need another job (stacking shelves) to pay for my Aston Martin :grin:

Actually I have the same issue - including feminine hygiene products and, curiously it gets my political preferences wrong about 99% of the time. It actually reassures me that I'm not spending too much time on the interweb.

TOC
07-01-2018, 12:17 PM
Okay...what have I done (so I can exhibit repeatability)?

I have no ads on line. I am willing to surmise audibly that I never have.

OS, Browser, ABP, Ghostery, RIP, all add together.

Even when I have to look at faceplant, I have FBP which kills ALL the BS.

I have killed off location. Maybe it's the phony names and birthdays and SSN's I have out there has cornfuzed da google?

DrEntropy
07-01-2018, 02:53 PM
I have killed off location. Maybe it's the phony names and birthdays and SSN's I have out there has cornfuzed da google?

:thumbsup: :iagree: