PDA

View Full Version : General Tech Anybody Using Star Tron

TRMark
03-30-2018, 03:01 PM
Took lunch break from assembling the TR4. I was perusing the latest Just British and saw a reference to Star Tron, a fuel additive that among other things counter acts the effects of ethanol in gas. I searched BCF and saw a mention of it several years ago but no details. If it actually works I thought I would keep some in the car in case I travel and can't find ethanol free fuel. Any experiences? https://www.starbrite.com/startron

Basil
03-30-2018, 09:58 PM
I'd also be interested if anyone has had experience with this product.

Scot1966
03-31-2018, 07:43 AM
I used it as an stabilizer while the TR3 went into storage a couple years ago. The TR sits from late fall to spring in my basement that is anywhere between 80-90 degrees F. ( heated by a wood boiler ) all winter. The first run of that year, it was hesitating and sluggish. I took the carbs apart and there was lots of green, jellylike staining in the bowls and plates. Since then, I have been running the tank low, and putting in a couple gallons of 103 octane CAM2 in at the end of the season. Now the first start up of the season it runs great. I do use Startron for all the small engine related things I have around the house just as a treatment for the ethanol. ( I add it to the 5 gallon gas can when I fill it ). It says it works as a stabilizer also, but I have had to clean the snowblower carb after using it in there as well. Everything gets a dose of CAM2 at the end of the season for me.