PDA

View Full Version : Impeccable

Basil
03-07-2018, 10:39 PM
Army Creed:"I serve the people of the US & live the Army Values. I am disciplined, physically & mentally tough, trained & proficient in my warrior tasks & drills. I stand ready to deploy, engage & destroy the enemies of the United States in close combat."

https://youtu.be/2hY17VIpoeg

AngliaGT
03-07-2018, 11:43 PM
I read (maybe here) about the discipline & rules that these guards must follow.
VERY impressive.I got to view the guards going through their ritual when we were there.
Of course,I can't see that without remembering visiting the Colonel then.

PAUL161
03-08-2018, 09:29 AM
I read (maybe here) about the discipline & rules that these guards must follow.
VERY impressive.I got to view the guards going through their ritual when we were there.
Of course,I can't see that without remembering visiting the Colonel then.

Doug, Where is the Colonel located, what section? PJ

AngliaGT
03-08-2018, 11:21 AM
I have a map that shows the location,but it's still packed away.

Mickey Richaud
03-08-2018, 04:51 PM
Doug, Where is the Colonel located, what section? PJ

Paul -

I was honored to officiate at Tony's funeral and graveside service. Quite an experience in so many ways!

Anyway, his tombstone is marked Section 60; Grave 9421.

Mickey

PAUL161
03-08-2018, 06:21 PM
Thanks Mickey, Yes, I remember you were quite an aid to the family. :encouragement: PJ

Like a lot of us, I miss his posts. :angel2:

Basil
03-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Thanks Mickey, Yes, I remember you were quite an aid to the family. :encouragement: PJ

Like a lot of us, I miss his posts. :angel2:

I'll never forget the call I got from Mickey informing me of what had happened.

PAUL161
03-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Keeping his memory alive is all we can do, such a sad story, quite a guy.

Awakening a Sleeping MG : How-To Library : The MG Experience (https://www.mgexp.com/article/awakening-sleeping-mg.html)

AngliaGT
03-08-2018, 10:15 PM
I was going to post a picture of his headstone,but need to find it again.
Wasn't that date about now,that he passed on?

Right near Tony's grave were 6-7 headstones.I noticed that they all had
the same date on them.Later,I realized that they were all on the same helicopter
that went down,in the Middle East.
I met the Director of Arlington while I was there,& he told me that you
need to be very respectful of people,when they are visiting the graves,as it is a very
touching time for most people who have Friends/Relatives there.Unfortunately, many
young people treat it like a playground,with no respect for others.
For me,it was a really sober/touching experience.

Mickey Richaud
03-08-2018, 11:36 PM
I was going to post a picture of his headstone,but need to find it again.
Wasn't that date about now,that he passed on?

January 25. 2010

AngliaGT
03-08-2018, 11:50 PM
Mickey,

Thank you!

Mickey Richaud
03-08-2018, 11:59 PM
You're welcome.

Full disclosure: I took the picture of the sign outside the chapel the day of the graveside service, along with lots of other pictures, including the caisson procession, the handoff of the flag to the family, and overall shots of the section where he's buried. His gravestone was not present until later, so didn't get a picture of that. However, you can find that, along with the location of anyone buried at Arlington here: https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Explore/Find-a-Grave

Pretty impressive website!

judow
03-09-2018, 07:26 AM
I remember Tony’s passing so well. Thanks Mickey. I miss his posts. That he is remembered is it’s own tribute to a fine gentleman.

waltesefalcon
03-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Wow, this thread made me a little nostalgic and sad. On a lighter note I'm interred in Arlington too, Walter P Kerrick is anyway, I don't remember which section but it is pretty close to the chapel. He was a great great great uncle, brother to my great great grandad Lon, and was in the Army back during the Spanish American War and the Philippine Insurrection. There are a couple other Kerricks there but the familial connection is a bit more murky.

anarchy99
03-09-2018, 03:25 PM
https://www.barracks.marines.mil/Units/Silent-Drill-Platoon/
Always enjoyed watching these guys as well