PDA

View Full Version : John Mahoney

Basil
02-06-2018, 02:22 AM
Was sad to hear that John Mahoney died the other day at 77. For anyone who get's Netflix, Mahoney played the cantankerous father on "Frasier." I still enjoy watching that show.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/john-mahoney-the-cantankerous-dad-on-frasier-dies-at-77/ar-BBIKeWm?OCID=ansmsnnews11

Popeye
02-06-2018, 09:25 AM
I saw him in the 1980's (I think?) when I was in middle school in the Goodman theater in Chicago. I don't remember the play, but do remember being impressed by his performance. (As a grumpy teenager being "forced" to a cultural event by my dear parents, I recall enjoying the show.)

waltesefalcon
02-06-2018, 10:42 AM
That's a shame, he was a good actor and I really enjoyed him in Frasier.

Basil
02-06-2018, 10:51 AM
I saw him in the 1980's (I think?) when I was in middle school in the Goodman theater in Chicago. I don't remember the play, but do remember being impressed by his performance. (As a grumpy teenager being "forced" to a cultural event by my dear parents, I recall enjoying the show.)

That's a shame, he was a good actor and I really enjoyed him in Frasier.

One of the roles he played that really shows his versatility was in the 1987 movie "Suspect." He played a crooked judge named Judge Matthew Bishop Helms. The move, staring Cher, is about a homeless man who is falsely accused of committing a murder and Mahoney is the judge in the case.

Boink
02-06-2018, 12:09 PM
I'll always remember the character Niles describing his father as "he's tough as nails on the outside, but on the inside, he's one big spike."