PDA

View Full Version : Pony Cars - Then & Now

Brooklands
04-06-2017, 07:26 AM
As some of you know, I have the pleasure of volunteering at America On Wheels Museum in Allentown PA. Every 6 months we change one of our galleries with a new display of cars. On Saturday we will celebrate the museum's 9th birthday, and open the show mentioned in the title. Two of the significant cars are a 1963 prototype of the Mustang that appeared in the NY Auto Show as the Mustang II (I had built a model of it and made it into a 1/24 scale slot car in the day), and a 1964 1/2 Mustang Convertible that was sold on April 17, 1964, the first official day of sales of the Mustang. This blue convertible is a one-owner car and is unrestored. If you get near Allentown in the next six months, please check out this display. You can see some of my photos from the museum by clicking the word "photos (https://www.flickr.com/photos/brooklands/albums/72157678942032633)".

NutmegCT
04-06-2017, 09:50 AM
Dave - congrats on the new exhibition. First car I ever wanted in high school was the 1965 Mustang with the Thriftpower 6 engine.

Paschal HS, Fort Worth TX, class of 1966! Go Panthers!

Basil
04-06-2017, 11:23 AM
I've always liked Mustangs, mainly the early ones! Although I must say I think they have done Mustang proud with the current design which I think is very cool. I've had several friends over the years who were into early Mustangs. Wish I could make it to Allen Town.

Bayless
04-06-2017, 11:36 AM
I really wanted one of those early Mustangs back when. Then the Camaro came out and we seriously looked a them. Finally bought a Buick.