PDA

View Full Version : Why Hagerty and Grundy Don't Cover Walmart Trips

HealeyRick
03-05-2017, 10:57 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrlu7W7oxM

After a parking maneuver went wrong, a blue Ford ended up on top of a 1959 Corvette (https://www.nbc-2.com/story/34660990/worst-parking-job-ever-at-charlotte-county-walmart) in a Walmart parking lot in Englewood, Florida, on Thursday, March 2. This video shows a truck removing the sedan from the top of the other car.
The accident happened when the driver of the Ford mistakenly hit the gas pedal instead of the brake, according to reports (https://jalopnik.com/watch-in-horror-as-a-tow-truck-pulls-a-ford-fusion-off-1792957615). No one was injured. Credit: Facebook/Jason Motz via Storyful

Gliderman8
03-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Ouch!

glemon
03-11-2017, 05:42 PM
I often park far away from everything with my collector cars to be careful, doesn't always work though, as others do the same, but usually like minded and careful car owners.

TOC
03-11-2017, 08:04 PM
Was having a discussion last night with my brother about similar things.
A while back he went to the local NAPA store...and there, parked in the walking area in front of the door was a new Mercedes, half into both adjacent parking places.

So, he parks his van in the designated spot...making sure the moron could not get his door open..and went inside.

Said moron looks at my brother and asks if he wondered WHY he parked like that?

Well, by brother had a couple of quick comments...one was "driver's license from a cracker jack box".

Moron was not happy. He finally left, climbed in the passenger side and across, and the brother got a standing ovation from the employees and customers.

Me? I use handicapped spots usually. Since I am right hand drive, one of them has nothing on the left side, so I park to one side so I can get the rh door open and get out.
INVARIABLY some jacka@@ parks his big crew cab truck clean into the handicapped spot.

I keep an eye on parking from inside the St. Arbucks, so I know who to ask to move the vehicle.
If I need to I call 911, as that is a $250 fine, and all I need to do is identify myself as a placard holder, and they MUST respond.

judow
03-11-2017, 09:50 PM
Oops. Never would think this would happen.

pdplot
03-11-2017, 11:38 PM
First month I had my leased Subaru, I found a small round dent in the driver door. Some slob let a door edge slam into it. It will be practically impossible to remove. I always try to park way out away from other vehicles.

TRMark
03-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Last fall an old gal here drove her Town Car almost all the way into the Batteries Plus. Nobody was injured, the police got her car out of the store and sent her on her way. What we need is a field dementia test.

GTP1960
03-12-2017, 10:39 AM
I often park far away from everything with my collector cars to be careful, doesn't always work though, as others do the same, but usually like minded and careful car owners.

another benefit of parking in "the outback" is it offers a bit more exercise through extra walking.

ironically, the folks that could really use the exercise are also the folks that prefer to park closest to the door & unfortunately are probably the same folks that need extra room to open their doors.(at the expense of your doors)

judow
03-12-2017, 05:21 PM
another benefit of parking in "the outback" is it offers a bit more exercise through extra walking.

ironically, the folks that could really use the exercise are also the folks that prefer to park closest to the door & unfortunately are probably the same folks that need extra room to open their doors.(at the expense of your doors)

You are spot on.