PDA

View Full Version : My Little Town

Basil
02-02-2017, 04:39 PM
Several days ago, a work van was stolen in Albuquerque by two people (male and female). In the chase that ensued, they crashed the van into a car near my son's home, killing a teen girl instantly and injuring a mother and little boy (The Mother died yesterday). They caught the female a short time later, but the male (driver) remained on the loose.

Just got a notice on my iPhone that they have captured the male perp - right here in m y little town of Edgewood (we're 30 miles east of Albuquerque). Yikes!

https://krqe.com/2017/02/02/suspect-in-fatal-stolen-car-crash-arrested/

A concerned citizen spotted him at the McDonald's that is just up the street from my house.

sail
02-02-2017, 04:49 PM
:scared: I'd be concerned to.

Basil
02-02-2017, 05:18 PM
:scared: I'd be concerned to.

Was just a couple months back a guy had his Corvette stolen at gunpoint from the local Smith's. We've also had a few break-ins in our immediate neighborhood (including a stolen truck).

sail
02-02-2017, 05:39 PM
We have shots fired reported a couple time a week here in Cedar Rapids. It appears to be between rival gang overflow from Chicago.

A couple years ago I had a very wired guy at my back door telling me that he was supposed to come in and then became very angry when I told him no. Lucky I hadn't unlocked the door, he ran before 911 got here. Same thing the year before, different guy, this one was too blasted to pick his own nose. Cops gave him a ride home. I must have some sort of mark on the fence like the hobo code.

Gliderman8
02-02-2017, 05:55 PM
A few years ago someone opened my car door in the wee hours of the night (car was in my driveway). I had a silent alarm that set off an alarm in my bedroom. I went out the basement and came around the house and chased the guy through my neighbor Jim's yard. I halted the foot chase since I knew my neighbor had a gun and running through his backyard at night could be dangerous. The perp got away but nothing taken from my car.

Basil
02-02-2017, 05:58 PM
We have shots fired reported a couple time a week here in Cedar Rapids. It appears to be between rival gang overflow from Chicago.

A couple years ago I had a very wired guy at my back door telling me that he was supposed to come in and then became very angry when I told him no. Lucky I hadn't unlocked the door, he ran before 911 got here. Same thing the year before, different guy, this one was too blasted to pick his own nose. Cops gave him a ride home. I must have some sort of mark on the fence like the hobo code.

I've had similar happen twice since living here (1995). Once a group of gang bangers came to front door (at 11PM) demanding to use my phone. When I told them no, they argued with me and finally left while cursing and throwing gang signs at me. The entire time, I had my hand behind my back on my friend Walther. Had another incident where some guy, who appeared high as a kite on something, came to my kitchen window asking me if he could come in and call someone. I turned him away in similar fashion.

GTP1960
02-02-2017, 10:16 PM
Several days ago, a work van was stolen in Albuquerque by two people (male and female). In the chase that ensued, they crashed the van into a car near my son's home, killing a teen girl instantly and injuring a mother and little boy (The Mother died yesterday). They caught the female a short time later, but the male (driver) remained on the loose.

Just got a notice on my iPhone that they have captured the male perp - right here in m y little town of Edgewood (we're 30 miles east of Albuquerque). Yikes!

https://krqe.com/2017/02/02/suspect-in-fatal-stolen-car-crash-arrested/

A concerned citizen spotted him at the McDonald's that is just up the street from my house.

all that heart ache, sorrow & pain over a lousy stolen van?

Another Bonnie & Clyde wanna be.

DrEntropy
02-03-2017, 03:32 PM
I had my hand behind my back on my friend Walther.

Yup.

Walther is a close and personal friend here, too. :thumbsup:

John Turney
02-03-2017, 08:50 PM
Fortunately, the most exiting thing in my neighborhood are the tomato seedlings in my new greenhouse.

TOC
02-03-2017, 09:38 PM
My friend Samuel keeps me company.
True 1911 (not an A-1), over 100 years old now.
Glasers are top round in each mag.
Take no prisoners, give no warnings.

Silverghost
02-07-2017, 12:23 PM
Jeff Dunham called.....he wants his Walther back..... :D

DrEntropy
02-07-2017, 12:29 PM
My friend Samuel keeps me company.
True 1911 (not an A-1), over 100 years old now.
Glasers are top round in each mag.
Take no prisoners, give no warnings.

I'm jealous.

Jeff Dunham called.....he wants his Walther back..... :D

...from my cold dead hand! :smirk: