PDA

View Full Version : Well, Iíve decided.

PC
09-27-2016, 03:39 PM
Iíve decide who gets my vote.

For such a long time I havenít been able to pin down just who I think would be the right person to take the reins of leadership and move us forward into our collective future.

With all the controversy surrounding the last couple of leaders it was easy to get caught up in the confusion and rhetoric of the media and all the speculation over just what traits we need in the next leader and who has the right qualifications, the right temperament and the right values.

But Iíve finally gotten my head wrapped around the issues that I feel are most important and Iíve come to a conclusion.

My vote goes to Brian Johnson.

I know I donít actually get a vote. None of us do. The Producers will choose whoever they think is appropriate. And for now, it looks like theyíre going with Matt LeBlanc. https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-37470962

Now, I really like Matt. I think heís done a great job as a co-presenter. And Iíll definitely be happy to see him continue with the show. Likewise, Iím glad to see the rest of the gang, Sabine, Rory, Chris H. and Eddie will be there.

But I think Brian would be a better choice for the lead presenter spot. Why? Well,

He loves cars.
He loves to drive fast and heís good at it.
He loves people.
Heís got an awesome sense of humor.
(Yeah, I know, Matt has all that.)
But, unlike Matt, Brianís British.

This is Top Gear UK for goodness sake. Iím all for the new international vibe but the heart and soul of the show are British. The main presenter should be too.

Not that itís likely he would even take the job if it were up to a vote. Heís certainly got his full plate with his own show. Oh, and being a rock star touring the world with his band.

But still, thatís how Iíd vote if I could.

Basil
09-27-2016, 03:55 PM
Glad I read the rest of your post - almost deleted it with the first line LOL!

catfood
09-28-2016, 03:04 AM
My vote goes to Brian Johnson

Good call. He hadn't really occured to me but now you mention it...

Top Gear needs to do something because the last series was pretty poor (I didn't get past the first episode).

JPSmit
09-28-2016, 03:22 PM
Briefly mixed up Brian Johnson and Johnson - phew