PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Considering selling my TR6

JoeC
07-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I've enjoyed driving and working on my TR6 for the past 6 months, but my time and garage space are too limited. So as much as I'd like to be considered an LBC enthusiast, it looks like I need to sell. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif Anyone have any ideas (other than eBay) on how to establish a fair market price for my TR's current condition?
Thanks,
Joe

2Triumphs
07-09-2005, 12:18 PM
I too am selling a TR6. Posted it on a couple of websites and had scammers from England to Nigeria. I am going to e-bay. Watch out for the scams.

Stinky
07-09-2005, 12:44 PM
As far as figuring a fair price goes, I'd go to a few local TR Club events and get opinions from those guys. They will probably have the most realistic answers for ya. Heck, ya might even find a buyer that way.

bluemiata90
07-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Search the local collector car magazines and do a google search for TR6 For Sale. Remember that each area of the country has a little different selling price. What you can get for a Triumph in California will be different then what you can get in Georgia. Also you have to consider the condition more then anything, be realistic and you should not have any trouble selling it. TR6s are in demand, if priced correctly. Also try and contact your local Triumph club to see if they have any interested buyers.
Good Luck

jeff3113
07-10-2005, 12:42 AM
The NADA blue book has a VERY generous opinion of TR6's.
IMHO I think a bit too much.
I recommend the local newspaper for advertising. Reason being, one of my buddies has tried to sell his 1974 Tr and he's gotten a dozens of tire kickers. It was out at one of the busiest places in town. Most folks just wanted to hear it run and take a free ride. He got smart about the BS'ers.... Had every offer from trading "genuine" Rolex watches, boats, other cars to those wanting to make payments...Can't blame folks for trying....that's how others get scammed.
At least using the paper you know they read it, are interested in it specifically and have an idea of your pricing.

It is the right time of year to offer those "wind in the face" type vehicles. Bottom line still remains....CASH is CASH. Enough fake cashier's checks, fake personal earnest money checks and such floating about these days...So, CASH. If you have large amounts of $$$ trading hands - arrange for your final transaction in a bank lobby. Cameras are good things!

Be smart, do well.
Good luck!
Jeff3113