PDA

View Full Version : Vroom Vroom

Basil
05-25-2016, 08:51 PM
looks like you could scoop up road kill with the front spoiler:

https://www.motortrend.com/news/hear-bugatti-vision-gran-turismo-concept-rev-engine-wvideo/

Bayless
05-26-2016, 10:30 AM
Slow to respond as I had to change keyboards. Seemed I drooled on the other one and ruined it. Nice but a bit removed from our LBCs.

Basil
05-26-2016, 11:23 AM
Slow to respond as I had to change keyboards. Seemed I drooled on the other one and ruined it. Nice but a bit removed from our LBCs.

Just a bit. Bet it would be fun to drive though!

Bayless
05-27-2016, 10:27 AM
I've actually been a Bugatti fan since the early 60s although I've never actually even seen one. Lovely wife gave me a wonderful book, "The Treasury of the Automobile" by Ralph Stein for Christmas and the chapter on Bugatti just fascinated me and I guess it stuck.

Basil
05-27-2016, 10:57 AM
I've always thought the 1935 Bugatti Aerolith is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

catfood
05-27-2016, 11:03 AM
I've always thought the 1935 Bugatti Aerolith is one of the most beautiful cars ever made.

..and one of those cars that looks like its going fast standing still.

Basil
05-27-2016, 11:11 AM
..and one of those cars that looks like its going fast standing still.

I've always thought that Sir William may have borrowed some design cues from that Bugatti for the design pf the XK120.

waltesefalcon
05-28-2016, 12:11 PM
Classic Bugattis are gorgeous, modern ones not so much.

DrEntropy
05-28-2016, 01:57 PM
There are two pre-war Bugs in The Collier Collection, one is a resto the other in the condition it was found. Great back-story to the unrestored one: It had been disassembled and the pieces scattered around a small French village for safe keeping from the Nazis as they swept through the area. The CEO of The Collection got wind of it a few years back and went on a "scavenger hunt" for it around France. Most of the pieces finally came out of the woodwork. Once it arrived in Naples (FL) the crew decided to leave it in the condition it was in and tell the story. Really a better choice, IMHO. Sends a chill down the spine to look at a piece of history like that.