PDA

View Full Version : TR6 Where to buy TR6 Soft Top

zauimaui
07-05-2005, 01:30 AM
The TR6 I recently bought has a swiss cheese soft top and I've been looking at a few sites. I think the best price I've seen is at BPNorthwest - $240 for a black crushed grain vinyl top (Robbins). Is vinyl the way to go? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Keoke
07-05-2005, 02:32 AM
HI Zauimaui, Robbins builds an excellent top. However. you might look over at the Roadster factory to get a comparison of the options available.---Keoke

07-05-2005, 08:16 AM
ZM, I have had two types of Robbins tops on my TR6. The first was vinyl which served me well until it got cut. I opted for the Sunfast top next and am very happy with the look and feel of the heavier canvas look. I installed both myself (trial and error) and got good results. I would highly recommend the Sunfast material. Pricey but worth it.

Bill

Geo Hahn
07-05-2005, 12:56 PM
I got my replacement top (TR4, black vinyl) from BPNW as I use it seldom and cost was a factor. It looks & fits fine and the cost was much lower than the other usual vendors.

So I would say... it depends. How much you're willing to spend, how much top-up time you'll see, where you park it, etc.

Andy Blackley
07-05-2005, 01:13 PM
I also bought a new top recently from BPNW for my TR250. It is a Robbins top (TR6) with the zip out window, sans the (IMHO hideous)reflective strip. Very high quality at a great price, again, IMHO. Since I drive my car all summer I wanted a practical top that I wouldn't worry about getting dirty and would stand up to use.

PC
07-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Canvas costs a bit more but is well worth it.

https://www.prestigeautotrim.com

https://www.aabestco.com

PC.

AltaKnight
07-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Hi Zauimaui.....
Welcome to the Forum.
Nice to see another Triumph owner in the Edmonton area. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Did you take in the Brit Car Show at the Muttart Conservatory couple of weeks ago? I was there with my TR6.

Bill
07-06-2005, 09:18 AM
I've had my TR3 four years and have never put the top on it. My wife and I have great stories about beeing soaked to the bone. When someone asks what we do when it starts to rain we tell them that's what bars are for. I also consult the 50/50 rule when I leave the house. If it's less than 50 degrees or more than a 50% chance of rain I drive the Porsche.