PDA

View Full Version : Married Guys Draw Near

HealeyRick
05-10-2016, 08:36 PM
OK, I admit it. I lose stuff, like keys and wallets. Lost the keys to my wife's car and searched through every hen house and outhouse for them. Thought I might of tossed them in the trash and went to the dealer for a replacement. $150 and three hours later because of the dealer's screwups (don't ask), I had a new key. Tonight, my beloved, who just bought a new pocketbook, finds my keys in her old pocketbook. Don't think I put them there! How many new Healey parts can I turn this into?

sail
05-10-2016, 09:15 PM
You might as well also admit it's your fault she lost them.

HealeyRick
05-10-2016, 09:30 PM
You might as well also admit it's your fault she lost them.

Are you kidding? I think I might get away with buying a Super 7 on this!

Bayless
05-11-2016, 10:39 AM
Nope. Sail is right. Just go ahead and admit fault. It will work out better for you in the end.

Gliderman8
05-11-2016, 09:43 PM
Admit that you lost them because.....

https://youtu.be/1QK6AFJ-XCk

anarchy99
05-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Take the high road for now... then strike when you see something you want down the road.

catfood
05-12-2016, 06:45 AM
I think Ive posted this before...

If a man says something in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

DrEntropy
05-13-2016, 10:48 PM
If a man says something in the forest and there is no woman to hear him, is he still wrong?

Soooo true.

NutmegCT
05-14-2016, 06:49 AM
So you're "discussing" an issue, and finally confront SWMBO with the obvious fact that she's wrong.

How many of you then hear "Well, I just don't want to talk about it."

:angel2:

PAUL161
05-15-2016, 06:07 AM
I never tell my wife she's wrong, it's just more peaceful to nod your head and walk away. Were always the looser in those situations, even though WE know were right! I like good cooking, clean clothes, clean house, etc, etc. To give that up just to THINK you've won an argument, is crazy! The dog house is too small and the barn is too cold, the floor is too hard and the sofa is too short! Yes dear, your right! :encouragement: :highly_amused:

Silverghost
05-15-2016, 10:51 PM
OK, I admit it. I lose stuff, like keys and wallets. Lost the keys to my wife's car and searched through every hen house and outhouse for them. Thought I might of tossed them in the trash and went to the dealer for a replacement. $150 and three hours later because of the dealer's screwups (don't ask), I had a new key. Tonight, my beloved, who just bought a new pocketbook, finds my keys in her old pocketbook. Don't think I put them there! How many new Healey parts can I turn this into?

And whatever you do, DO NOT say to her "What would have happened if the situation was reversed?" As the others have said, there's no win for you in this situation. Maybe, just maybe, if you bring her flowers and make her a nice dinner, you'll have the inner satisfaction of knowing she drew the short straw on this one and you still showed her you love her anyway. :)

Mickey Richaud
05-16-2016, 07:52 AM
I think Ive posted this before...

Yup.

Word to the guys: Wisdom in both Greek and Hebrew (and Latin and later derivatives) is feminine gender...

NutmegCT
05-16-2016, 08:36 AM
Yup.

Word to the guys: Wisdom in both Greek and Hebrew (and Latin and later derivatives) is feminine gender...

Obviously those grammars were written by women!

Fortunately, our word "wisdom" is Anglo-Saxon - and is masculine!

Ws his mdsefa manegum geced, wg ond wsdm.

(Or words to that effect ...)

Basil
05-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Speaking of wisdom (and married guys), this Friday marks 41 years of the wisdom I had when I most definitely married up in 1975!

PAUL161
05-16-2016, 09:56 AM
Confusing, very confusing.:rolleyes2:

HealeyRick
05-16-2016, 06:36 PM
Speaking of wisdom (and married guys), this Friday marks 41 years of the wisdom I had when I most definitely married up in 1975!

Congrats, Bas. Good thing you remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gcO3Zxh2UA

And thanks for all the tips on the lost keys episode. We're coming up on 40 yrs of marriage so I already knew enough to keep my mouth shut at home and express my amusement here (where she will never see it).

GTP1960
05-20-2016, 05:22 PM
If I'm ever right, my wife skillfully directs the conversation in to a topic where I was wrong.

Bayless
05-21-2016, 10:56 AM
What do you mean by "if I'm ever right?" That just makes no sense.

Basil
05-21-2016, 11:11 AM
Congrats, Bas. Good thing you remembered:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gcO3Zxh2UA

And thanks for all the tips on the lost keys episode. We're coming up on 40 yrs of marriage so I already knew enough to keep my mouth shut at home and express my amusement here (where she will never see it).

One of our favorite episodes!

Bayless
05-22-2016, 11:47 AM
That was a good one. But heck, they were all good.