PDA

View Full Version : what are they thinking? OR post your own listing!

frankenstang57
07-01-2005, 07:46 AM
I know it's not British, but ebay seems to be a great source of amusement. https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...p;category=6783 (https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7983302353&catego ry=6783) So, I'll go first, Even though it hasn't run in 30 years, has no drive train, tons of rust, and may not even be repairable, but you to can own this fine example of an early model Ford greenhouse. Amaze your friends as you grow your favorite vegtables year around in this classic piece of American nostalgia! Short on potting soil? No worries! Just clear a patch of dirt, cultivate, fertilize, and just place your classic greenhouse on top of it. It's that simple! How much would you expect to pay for such a treasure? $5000? $6000? Oh NOOOOOOO!!! Bid now AND YOU TOO can haul this prize home for a mere $500! Think about what your wife and neighbors will think. Bid now and you'll be the talk of the town! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

waltesefalcon
07-01-2005, 09:39 AM
I'd say they acidentally added a couple zeros to the asking price.

kindofblue
07-01-2005, 01:21 PM
Let me get this straight....this guy has a stash of early Mustang fastbacks in various statres of direpair, and decides to sell this rotpile.

As far as I know, the fastback is the most valuable body style of the Mustang contigent. (not a lot made, 05 Mustang looks like it). So he puts up for bid the example most likely to fall to pieces when moved....\

I really wonder what people think about the rusty cars they have. Clearly inflated dollar signs run through their heads. He probably wont get anything for this heap, decide eBay is too much trouble, and never sell the rest of herd. (which actually seemed to have some more complete cars)....

We cant save them all, and some need recycling.

mailbox
07-01-2005, 08:25 PM
Awww now, come on guys. A little bondo here, a little sheet metal there and you've got a classic. OK, OK, maybe a FEW other things, but man, for $25,000 you could have $15,000 car. My favorite part is the grass growing thru the holes in the floorboard. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif