PDA

View Full Version : You folks are soooo spoiled here!

Basil
02-06-2016, 10:23 PM
So I'm on another forum, not related to cars, and there is little to no moderation there. If you ask a simple question on this other forum, you can almost count on one or more members to jump in and tell you your question is stupid, or why don't you Google it, etc etc. There are a lot of great folks on the other forum I'm taking about, but there are also a lot of horses ***'s who seem to thrive on being snarky jerks.

I just want to thank all of you for helping make BCF one of the very few places on the internet where you can engage in civil conversation and not feel a constant need to tear others down! I really appreciate that!

GTP1960
02-06-2016, 11:32 PM
When I first joined this forum, I was told you got fined $50 bucks everytime you are a snarky jerk.......you mean that's not true?

Basil
02-07-2016, 12:57 AM
When I first joined this forum, I was told you got fined $50 bucks everytime you are a snarky jerk.......you mean that's not true?

No, it isn't true.

The fine is $75 :nana:

tcherek
02-07-2016, 02:34 AM
That's good, I rely on this forum to answer the questions I'm too embarrassed to ask elsewhere......:cower: just kidding!

AngliaGT
02-07-2016, 02:53 AM
Basil,

What I like about this site is the moderation -
you stop us before it gets out of hand.
Sometimes I need that.......

- Doug

SaxMan
02-07-2016, 02:57 AM
I think that LBCs attract a certain kind of personality which leads to everyone being helpful. If you drive an LBC, you know that there are cars that are faster, better handling, or more comfortable. So, you're not out to prove anything to anyone other than just enjoying them. Fun is certainly one area where the LBC leaves everything else in the dust.

The only other forum where folks were as polite to each other that I was a part of was a dachshund forum. Dachshunds are kind of canine equivalent LBCs: small and fun to own, but with some very definite idiosyncrasies that you need to be aware of and respect. I could understand the similarities between dachshund owners and LBC owners.

Personally, I'd be so far up the creek without BCF that it wouldn't be funny. As a still relative newbie to the LBC world (2 1/2 years), I can't thank everyone enough for all their help with the various "Help, I'm stuck and don't know what to do" or "My car is doing this. What the heck is it?" situations that have arisen with my '69 Sprite.

Basil
02-07-2016, 05:05 AM
The only other forum where folks were as polite to each other that I was a part of was a dachshund forum. Dachshunds are kind of canine equivalent LBCs: small and fun to own, but with some very definite idiosyncrasies that you need to be aware of and respect. I could understand the similarities between dachshund owners and LBC

And both leak!

NutmegCT
02-07-2016, 07:56 AM
And both leak!

LOL - there went the morning coffee!

(It's great to have a forum where people actually help each other, instead of trying to outdo each other in putting others down.)

:encouragement:

GTP1960
02-07-2016, 08:39 AM
LOL - there went the morning coffee!

(It's great to have a forum where people actually help each other, instead of trying to outdo each other in putting others down.)

:encouragement:

Uhoh.......sounds like we are getting dangerously close to election year campaign politics here.
(omitting the "where people actually help each other" part of course.)

GregW
02-07-2016, 10:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c

Gliderman8
02-07-2016, 11:29 AM
One of my favorites. Thanks Greg.

PAUL161
02-07-2016, 12:15 PM
This site has always been my favorite, even though I am a member of a couple other very informative sites. Everyone has a right to his or her opinion, as long as it is treated with dignity and respect and this site has always promoted that. Basil has always kept high standards here, which gives it a family atmosphere and why I like it above all others. My thanks goes out to Basil and all the moderators who do the police work, you do a great job! :encouragement: PJ

GregW
02-07-2016, 12:34 PM
One of my favorites.
They certainly gave us a unique brand of humor that hasn't been seen since.

Bayless
02-07-2016, 12:58 PM
Yes, thanks for a friendly place to hang out Basil. Also glad to see that you understand there are more horses ***'s than there are horses.

Basil
02-07-2016, 04:44 PM
Yes, thanks for a friendly place to hang out Basil. Also glad to see that you understand there are more horses ***'s than there are horses.

Ain't that the truth!

SaxMan
02-08-2016, 12:19 AM
And both leak!

Now that's funny! It's debatable which ones leave a bigger puddle, though.

waltesefalcon
02-08-2016, 12:51 PM
"It's debatable which ones leave a bigger puddle, though."

In my personal experience it is the dachshunds.

I agree this is one of if not the best moderated forum out there. Bas you really do promote an excellent atmosphere here and that is the reason that I have stuck around so long even after ditching my LBCs.

sail
02-08-2016, 01:23 PM
It's an oasis here. Good boss and simple rules. Plus not many snarky jerks have LBC's.

Bayless
02-09-2016, 10:53 AM
:iagree: Maybe that's it. You just need to have the right clientele.

mailbox
02-13-2016, 12:41 PM
Well frankly, I think looking something up on Google is useless. Most of you bafoons here don't know one end of a key.......board..........um....oops. Sorry . Wrong forum. Carry on.:banana:

Steve
02-13-2016, 01:13 PM
Nice people here, simple as that.

Basil
02-13-2016, 01:53 PM
Nice people here, simple as that.

And it's nice there are simple people here (speaking for myself of course) :watermelon:

NutmegCT
02-13-2016, 05:03 PM
"And it's nice there are simple people here"

'tis the gift to be simple

https://youtu.be/fnpwiMTVkxI

Joe Reed
02-13-2016, 08:35 PM
I was on an unmoderated golf forum once that seemed to attract the most mean spirited people you can imagine. On a GOLF forum!! The "gentleman's game!!! Who would have thought that would happen.

I actually met one of the worst offenders for a game of golf when he was in town. In person he was as nice as anyone you'd care to meet...

Basil
02-13-2016, 11:16 PM
I was on an unmoderated golf forum once that seemed to attract the most mean spirited people you can imagine. On a GOLF forum!! The "gentleman's game!!! Who would have thought that would happen.

I actually met one of the worst offenders for a game of golf when he was in town. In person he was as nice as anyone you'd care to meet...

There is something about the perceived anonymity of the internet that sometimes brings out the worst in people. It was my experience on other forums (and mail lists) with such nastiness that caused me to make the conscious decision to insist on civility on BCF from day one. There have been a handful over the years who didn't like those guidelines and left with the marbles - but, well we wish them well.

NutmegCT
02-14-2016, 09:10 AM
Pirkei Avot (Mishnah) - "Pray for the welfare of the government (lit., monarchy), for if not for its fear, a person would swallow his fellows alive."

Ain't it the truth.