PDA

View Full Version : Introduction (half a day late)

Adrio
06-18-2005, 11:27 PM
Hi folks,

I lanched right in to this forum with a question from me and some answers to other folks. It accured to me that perhaps I should have introduced myself first, so here it goes. My name is Adrio and I live in Ottawa, Canada. I am an elecrtical engineer by profession and Triumphs are one of my hobbies. I got my first Triumph back in 1980 and spent the next five years restoting that TR3A. The second one came along in 1999 and I spent the next five years restoring that TR4A (well it is still not all done). I have a web site with the cars at https://ca.geocities.com/adrio@rogers.com/

Thats it. At least now when you hear from me you will know who is talking. See you all.

Adrio

Steve
06-18-2005, 11:35 PM
Welcome Adrio! Glad to see that you've thrown yourself headlong into the activity on the forum.

sammyb
06-18-2005, 11:45 PM
Welcome aboard the good ship BCF!

I love the color of your 3 -- it looks too dark to be Silverstone Gray. Did you attempt to match an original TR shade, or did you pull it out of the air? (It looks fantastic!!!)

waltesefalcon
06-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Adrio,

Welcome to the forum. That is a goregeous TR3A, I'll echo Sammys comment on the colour, its great on that car. Your 4 looks to be coming along rather nicely itself, and will make a lovely addition to the Triumph collection you are building for yourself. I really impressed by your wood working skills though, anyone can turn a wrench, and paint a car if they are patient enough, but it takes real talent to build furniture.

Adrio
06-19-2005, 09:48 AM
The colour of the TR3A is one I pulled out of the air (sort of). Half way through the TR3 rebuild, I relized the frame I had was not salvageable, so I headed off in search of a doner car. On that trip I saw a TR3 that was close to that colour and I though "wow that loks nice" so I snapped a picture of it (but I had slide film in the camera). Four years later when I was buying paint, I pulled out the slide and picked the closest to that colour I could find.

Geo Hahn
06-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Nice cars & welcome to the forum.

Like you, after years of TR3A ownership I decided I might as well get a TR4 since I had all the spare parts, manuals and was somewhere on the learning curve. They do make a nice pair offering totally different driving experiences in so very similar cars.

Thanks for your clarification on static timing with a light bulb -- now I see how it can work.

jerrybny
06-20-2005, 12:14 PM
Very nice car. Welcome aboard