PDA

View Full Version : GT6 fitting 70 GT6 fender trim strips

pei
06-13-2005, 05:42 PM
hello all'
I am finally reassembling the car , after just coming back from paint. I am having trouble with the new stainless trim strips on the fenders. I have installed the attachment clips, Onelarge at each end and 16 small spaced evenly with the teeth orientated oppossite ways , The strip will not stay down. When I tap on one end, the other end comes up, etc. Nigel from Spitbits said try placing the small clips right next to each other with teeth facing the opposite ways, he thought this was the way they were done originally. I don't really want to pull the clips off the fender, because they have dug nicely into the new paint. Anyone struggled with this problem?
Thanks Joe

BOXoROCKS
06-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Yuper, pry the clips off at the top of the pinch weld only, with a proper small pick.Take your trim piece and GENTLY and evenly roll press the opening a bit tighter. Put your clips in the trim piece all the way in,more clips at the crown.Then aligh you work then install,holding the crown after its on, and your working your way to the back.Use a rubber mallet for this.That'll be 25 bucks, newbie charge

pei
06-14-2005, 01:17 PM
Thanks, I installed them and everything worked well, money is in the mail.
Joe