PDA

View Full Version : Wedge Tr7 windshield factory windshield wires

Got_All_4
07-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Doing some rust maintenance under the black molding at the bottom of the windshield. I have noticed that the windshield is coming loose in a few spots and much to my surprise the factory wires are still there for installing the windshield. From what I under stand that while the car was being built these wires were hooked to the cars battery and after a certain amount of time the glue would melt and adhere the windshield to the frame. Am I nuts to think that I can redo this process and re-bond my windshield?

Darrell_Walker
07-25-2015, 05:46 PM
I would guess that the sealant has aged to the point that it is unlikely to melt the same way again.

Got_All_4
07-26-2015, 12:20 AM
Hoping that someone would know how long to leave it hooked up and am I using the straight 12v from the car battery?

Got_All_4
07-26-2015, 11:37 PM
Thinking about it some more I started to get concerned that if it did melt the glue and without a proper clamping system it could be possible to delaminate the windshield. So I bought some Permatex flowable windshield & glass sealer. Directions say it will wick into hidden and tight areas to reach leaks around glass. I didn't see any wicking action but it's harden up now.