PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Well onto the second half

sp53
07-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Well onto the second half. I do have a question about the amount of epoxy primer I used on the first. I used more than a quart and that is more than the guy that sold it to me said I needed.I put on probably 3 coats and was adjusting and thinning until I got something I could work with.

The front clip is something I have had since the 70, but I let sit outside. The inner fenders are excellent on one side and walnuted at the bottom of the other and perhaps I should fix that. I taped off where it welds and that is only that section along the floor and door, so I think perhaps I can pull this off?

CJD
07-01-2015, 05:18 PM
I've never gotten the distance out of a can that I was supposed to...but your results look great! Most of the primer gets sanded off anyway.

M_Pied_Lourd
07-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Yes, I find I tend to use more product than the body shop supply store recommends I do...it may be because most professional body shops will use the bare minimum of product that they feel is needed to get the job done...also, I tend to overdo things as is my nature :-) that and the fact that I need to have some allowances for practice (read screw ups) runs...

Cheers
Tush