PDA

View Full Version : TR2/3/3A Moss master cylinder reservoir leak

TFB
06-27-2015, 08:41 AM
I need to call Moss about a leak from the bottom of the reservoir gasket at the fitting/gasket/can connection.
I remember when I bought it they had big pic of the new design of the bottom fitting attachment and composite washers.
I forget if they said the connection is formed,swaged etc,or if there is nut that I can hold back on inside and try to tighten the fitting.
I cant find the description of this new reservoir on there site,but will call Monday.
Any insight appreciated,
Thanks
Tom

GerryL
06-29-2015, 02:10 AM
I need to call Moss about a leak from the bottom of the reservoir gasket at the fitting/gasket/can connection.
I remember when I bought it they had big pic of the new design of the bottom fitting attachment and composite washers.
I forget if they said the connection is formed,swaged etc,or if there is nut that I can hold back on inside and try to tighten the fitting.
I cant find the description of this new reservoir on there site,but will call Monday.
Any insight appreciated,
Thanks
Tom
Had same problem with my reservoir. Moss technical support had me hold the nuts inside and tighten the fitting ,
which failed to stop the leak. They sent me a replacement and paid for postage.

TFB
06-29-2015, 07:49 AM
Had same problem with my reservoir. Moss technical support had me hold the nuts inside and tighten the fitting ,
which failed to stop the leak. They sent me a replacement and paid for postage.

Tanks for reply.I found the new product bulletin for the Classic Gold reservoir with google after post,and saw the fitting o-ring details.
I did call Moss and the tech assitantance wasn't open until today,but I purchased 1/13,installed 4/14,so even though only in service 14 months I am over the 2year warranty.
Hopefully I can tighten it up.
Thanks again,
Tom

ShawnC_at_Moss
06-29-2015, 05:04 PM
Hi Tom,
Email me the invoice number if you still have it. If not, your name and address with part number so I can track down the purchase. I am assuming you bought it directly from us?

We will take care of this in one way or another. This isn't related to the recall a few years ago.

shawn@mossmotors.com

Happy Motoring,

Shawn

TFB
06-29-2015, 05:35 PM
Hi Tom,
Email me the invoice number if you still have it. If not, your name and address with part number so I can track down the purchase. I am assuming you bought it directly from us?

We will take care of this in one way or another. This isn't related to the recall a few years ago.

shawn@mossmotors.com

Happy Motoring,

Shawn

Thanks for fast reply Shawn.I actually spoke with Calvin today and he said the same thing,that he would honor the warranty.
I loosened the flare nut and the fitting seems tight.I cant seem to get a hold back socket on the inside.I even tried grinding down the first 1/4" of a 17mm socket(that's the size on the outside) but I cant get a hold of it so will call You guys.
I know its different than the MC recalls as you guys took care of me above and beyond on that return.
Thanks
Tom

ShawnC_at_Moss
06-29-2015, 05:57 PM
Perfect. Let Kelvin know what's going on so he can get it taken care of.

You can email him at doddk@mossmotors.com if you desire.

Happy Motoring,

Shawn