PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

savage
06-10-2005, 02:44 PM
Hello All.

My name is Keith Savage. After lurking for a week or so "sorry Basil" it's time to say "Hi".

I've started restoration of a 74 spitfire that I got in trade for some remodel work. $300. in material and two days replacing a bathroom floor sounded like a good deal. The Spit sat in a barn for 10 years. It's in pretty darn good shape considering. I spent one weekend, shot the cylinders with oil, reworked the hydraulics, fuel pump, replaced the battery, a few o-rings, washed out the mouse nests, hand cranked it over, started her up and drove her home. I rebuilt the engine last winter. The wiring is a mess, but I hope to have the new harness installed in the next few weeks.

This is my first shot at a British car, I did VWs in the 70s and muscle cars in the 80s. My objective is to drive it this year in order to determine the extent of work that needs to be done, and go from there.

Im looking foreword to taping the wealth of knowledge here and hope to learn enough along the way, that I might be able to return some in the future.

Thanks

Keith

Mark Jones
06-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Hey Keith;

Great to see you here. Sorry I could help you with the wiring diagram.

Mark

bluemiata90
06-10-2005, 03:52 PM
Welcome, I also just acquired a 65 spitfire from a destress sale for $200.00. It had sat for some years, but the engine had been rebuilt just before it was put away. I gave that car to my son about a week later when I found a TR4A in a little better condition. Plus I picked up a TR3A last year, so I have several British projects on my hands at the moment. I'm sure we'll be seeing each others "HELP" posts over the next year or so. Good luck with your project and enjoy the "journey into british car land". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
scott

savage
06-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Hi mark,
But you did help, the way back machine is in my favorites list.

Thanks

Keith

waltesefalcon
06-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the forum Keith. It's great to see more people getting enthusiastic about our little british cars. Enjoy the place, and try not to be a lurker.