PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy light plinth

John_Mc
06-03-2005, 01:29 AM
Here's a low tech question to give you all a rest from the high tech ones: anybody have any thoughts about using the tunnel courtesy light plinth? I'm debating getting one, but wondered if the consensus was for or against. Does it get in the way? Do you have something else that uses/needs that space more ie fire extinguisher, red-vine dispenser, etc? Just curious.

AltaKnight
06-03-2005, 06:07 PM
I thought the plinth (love that word) and light were std in TR6's up to/incl 1972. My '73 doesn't have it.
Inevitably when I'm in the TR6 I buy something that won't fit in the boot, I tend to stuff it behind the seats which would probably end up breaking a light mounted there.

71tr
06-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I have a '71 TR6 with the factory courtesy light. I think its definitely worth the while since these convertibles of ours are absent any dome or courtesy lighting. The plinth and bulb are fairly substantial items and present a low profile to wayward cargo.

trrdster2000
06-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Have one in th '70 TR6 and always glad to see it come on, it means something is working and the battery is good. Wayne

jsneddon
06-03-2005, 09:30 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Real men don't have courtesy lights...

OR roll-up windows. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

AltaKnight
06-04-2005, 01:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have one in th '70 TR6 and always glad to see it come on, it means something is working and the battery is good. Wayne

[/ QUOTE ]

HaHa, I like that one Wayne!
It is always with trepidation that I approach the LBC.

06-05-2005, 11:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

Real men don't have courtesy lights...

[/ QUOTE ]

It's taken man thousands of years of progress to come up with the electric light and Jim has just hurled us all right back to the stone age. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

Thanks Jim!