• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Software Up-dated

Basil

Administrator
Boss
Software Updated

I have just upgraded to the latest forum software, Threads 7.4.1. I'm not going to list all the new features and bug fixes, but just the ones that may be of interest to members. I'll put in <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #006600">green</span></span> the ones I think are especially noteworthy.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Feature:</span> <span style="color: #006600">Modified all gallery posts, so when viewing a picture it will give you the ubbcode for the thumbnail, medium and full sized images in the Post Description area. (This will allow you to copy and paste the URL with image tags if you wanted to post one of those images in another forum, for example)</span> Also now displaying the size and dimensions of the full sized image.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Feature:</span> Modified the image/file manager to display the max allowed size of images of files.
Feature: Added the online/offline indicator to the profile pages.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Feature:</span> Added Page Jumpers to the bottom of individual private messages when they are multiple pages long.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Feature:</span> When a user changes their email in their profile a verification email will be sent to the new address. The account email will not be changed until the user clicks on the verification email.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Feature:</span> <span style="color: #006600">Added a modification that allows you to search for users on the User List page. It will search for users that a specified string have the string anywhere in their username.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Feature Changes
</span>
<span style="font-weight: bold">Change:</span> Permission to view Active Topics are no longer linked to being able to Search. So the Active Topics menu will be available to all.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Change:</span> Modified the gallery code to allow for the .jpeg extension in addition to just .jpg
<span style="font-weight: bold">Change:</span> Clicking on a gallery image will now always take you to the image, even if there are new comments for that image. Clicking on the "Comments" link will still take you to the newest comment.
<span style="font-weight: bold">Change:</span> When an attached image is shown inline with the post it will no longer show the (XX downloads) next to the inline image.

Like I said, these are not all the changes and new features - but the rest would only be of interest to me as the admin.

Now, if you find any bugs, please PM me with details.

Thanks,