• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR TR-3?!?!?!

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Hemmings had this photo in their most recent edition of Sports and Exotic.

An "Opelized" TR-3 with a Triumph six engine.

Somehow, I like it. Does that make me a bad person? :playful:

The car was seen at the 2014 British Invasion in Vermont.

You may be able to find more ~HERE~ (I didn't search that hard)

tr3.jpg

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Actually not bad. I'd like to see the engine bay - and the bonnet looks unusual.

Edit: must have been a cold day. Seems like *everyone* has both hands in the pockets.

Geo Hahn

Yoda
Country flag
I'm not offended or upset - but not a huge fan either. I have certainly seen worse and in that photo it appears it may have been done well. I, too, cannot see if there is something different with the bonnet.

...must have been a cold day. Seems like *everyone* has both hands in the pockets.

Do we need to deploy gloves to the Northeast?

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Gloves? We're lucky in eastern Connecticut, only sleet and light snow so far. But Litchfield county expects about 10" heavy wet snow. Still, nothing as bad as the Buffalo NY area got - and is still getting.

TomMull

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
I'm not offended or upset - but not a huge fan either. I have certainly seen worse and in that photo it appears it may have been done well. I, too, cannot see if there is something different with the bonnet.

More 6 than 3 as I recall, including under the hood. The car has been seen at a couple of shows. I spoke briefly with the owner/ builder, a very nice fellow and skillful craftsman. Harkens back to the chop and channel customs of the sixties, for which I have a lot of respect.

Hands in pockets is the Northern New England Stance. Gloves optional.

Tom

GTP1960

Jedi Knight

Regarding the bonnet: , big stick bonnet, nothing like a traditional TR3

Last edited:

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
MAYBE, if they'd shortened the rear deck, behind the wheels. The TR3 is already a bit long back there.

Begs the question, though: Why?

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I saw that car, the owner has a sense of humor. He had a purist puke bucket alongside the car.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

TR3TR6

Jedi Warrior
One thing for sure, you can't miss that one coming down the road. I would also like to see the engine bay.

M_Pied_Lourd

Darth Vader
Country flag
image.jpg
few more pics courtesy of Bobby D's website

image.jpg

image.jpg

luke44

Jedi Warrior
Silver
Country flag
I saw that car, the owner has a sense of humor. He had a purist puke bucket alongside the car.

Agree, thanks for the pictures. "Purist puke bucket". I like it. You gotta love a guy with a sense of humor who doesn't take it all so serious. :encouragement: