• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 TR250 progress

Country flag
Got a lot done this week on the 250. Car had been in an accident years ago and poorly repaired. Hood gaps were bad, did a little cutting and welding. Pleased with the results. I might even get to put some paint in acouple of weeks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 199

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
It looks better than factory to me, although I cannot be sure all the cars I have looked at were unmolested or hadn't been in accidents, I have seen enough TR4-250s with bad gaps in the hood to front fender area at the front of the car to think that they were not very good from the factory, or at least the quality was hit or miss, mostly with the front where both the hood and fenders curve down.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Marvin, That looks really great. I know you are a perfectionist from what I see here. Keep the pictures coming.

Wayne

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Looking good.... Can't wait to see it in paint!

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Very nice metal work, it's nice to see people take the time to work the metal instead of just using filler that will fail in a few years. Good job

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
How is the 250 coming a long?
any updates?
also I am considering lifts (instead of jacks & stands)& noticed your lift in your pic.
looks like it will raise her up pretty high. Any draw backs?

thx

Guy Pierce

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Guy,
body tub painted, trying to get it on the frame this week. Then hang all the sheet metal for gaps and fit. I have a scissor lift the will raise the car about four feet which is all I can do in my shop. Wouldn't try to restore a car without it. Easy to move around as well. Will try to do a couple of pictures this week.

Marv

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
In my next life, I'm going to have a garage with a lift. At 81 (last week), I just can't lay under a car any more. A client of mine had a pit where he worked on his collector cars - mostly 1910-1920 models with one 1931 Chrysler. That's nice too. I hope your back is in good shape, Marv.

GTP1960

Jedi Knight
Thx for the update Marv.
What color?

PDplot, I don't need no stinkin quadratics either. You still flying?

i had a friend in HS (70's) who had a pit, It was great, but for me it would be a bit of a nuisance since my barn has to pull double duty with all the other family stuff. (Your client must be "well heeled", as my mom used to say)

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Had to quit because of atrial fibrillation and the fact that the on-airport restaurants all closed down and I couldn't go for "$100 hamburgers" on my lunch hour any more. My client with the pit was a local contractor, a second generation Italian who worked like a dog and put all his money into real estate and old cars. Doing work for rich people, he came across cars from time to time. He got me interested in a TR4 and a Jag XKE coupe, both of which I should have bought but didn't...He passed a couple of years ago having disposed of most of his collection but his son is carrying on but he's more interested in Vipers, Corvettes and the like although he did put in a bid for a prewar Packard. Not much interested in our LBCs though.

trrdster2000

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Marvin, can't wait to see the process and end results.

Wayne

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Got side tracked this week, pulled out seats to check their condition. Frames very good, no rust but springs broken and back straps deterioratred. Finished that project today, seats can go to upholstery shop soon. Suppose to be warm tomorrow so I may can reprime the fenders.

Marv

OP
Marvin Gruber
Country flag
Car is painted and back. I probably wasted my time but I waxed the engine bay before I start to put things back. Thought that might help some of the bolts from rusting. Waiting on big order from TRF before putting wiring harness

marvinimage.jpg

Rut

Obi Wan
Country flag
Marvin,
That looks great...I didn't know you were that far along!
Rut