• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

minilite bolton wheels

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
finally getting around to ordering minilite wheels. i have been in contact with minilite-uk but was wondering if there is a dealer or dealer in the US. anyone know??? thanks!

RA_Healey

John Targett, Targett Motorsports use to be the dealer but passed away. I originally got mine from him a few years ago. I needed some more and called them since I saw their web site was still up. The voice mail message said that they were no longer taking orders.

I called AH Spares and they have them in stock. 15" X 6" offset is 105 mm.

Otherwise if there is currently no U.S. dealer I would think you could call Minilite UK direct and see if you can order from them or they may require you go through a dealer and they can then refer you to one.

I originally custom ordered 15" X 5.5" with an 85 MM offset.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Hi MaxWedge. We had a discussion about this back in August. If you search this forum with the title words "Minilite Wheels" and my username "Vette" you will find at least two post about my search for the wheels you are looking for. I contacted all of the usual suspects about Minilite wheels for my 5 lug BJ7. They all said they do not supply any "Minilite" type of wheel for the 5 lug Healey. Which is 5 on 5 by the way. Only Moss list a number for a "Minilite Like" wheel for the Big Healey. And it is 5.5" wide. So wanting new wheels for my car, I bought them from Moss. And they have stamped right in the casting, " MADE IN THE UK ". And they're pretty nice. And my BJ7 is alot smoother with them and the new tires. So just to let you know, I'm happy with them. I'll try to attach a pic. Dave.
PS: by the way, I have new Nexen 165/80-15 tires on them. You can go up to 185s but i decided to stay with the 165s because that is want has been on my car for years. You note if you read some spec from different tire manufacturers that the will state that 165 tires can go on a rim width from 4.5 to 6.0. Then some manufacturers won't state that. I searched for weeks to verify that the 165s will work on the 5.5 rim width. As an example, Coker Tire states the rim width for 165s is 4.5 to 6.0. Anyway, Good Luck.

Attachments

• DSCF2675.JPG
    DSCF2675.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 108
OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
IMG_1427.jpgthanks for the responses. for information...after exchanging several emails with russ at minilite-uk, they can supply a set of minilite wheels...5.5s for the front and 6.0s for the rear complete with nuts, center caps, and logoes for and shipped to south carolina for approximately 1120 us dollars....i do not know how long it will take to get them as i have not asked. most likely will order the minilites! i have minilite style spline drives on the car now but prefer bolt ons. i think that these were ordered from moss! i have corrected the side flashes since i purchased the car!

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Sounds good. I think that is a terrific price considered being delivered to the US. I must have missed that possibility. Although I doubt I would have been willing to wait for the delivery. But I can't complain about the ones from Moss.
I'm curious if you would, I'm curious if the ones you get will have "Made in the UK" cast into them. Dave.

OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
the ones currently on the car have...made in the uk cast onto them

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
Any indications on the wheels or packaging about who their manufacturer is?

Not that I can remember. I will look tomorrow to see if I still have some of the boxes, etc.

But now that I think of it, the center caps had circular stickers with the letters AH on them. But there were two additional stickers as if they were sent alone or packaged initially from another source. Those stickers, intended to be used in the center cap in leu of the AH stickers, had a different Logo on them. I'm sure I still have them, I' look tomorrow. Dave.

vette

Darth Vader
Country flag
I found the other center cap Logo stickers that came with the wheels from Moss. The Logo says, 'Raceline' . Don't know that I have ever heard of the name before. I spose a net search might find them. Dave.

OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
ordered a set of 5.5/6.0 by 15s in silver finish this morning from russ at minilite-uk! russ stated that no spacers would be necessary and that they would fit within the lines of the fenders. I should receive them in 4-5 weeks...hopefully an early christmas present for a well behaved old retiree!!! ive got all the parts to changeout the 63 bj7 spline drives to bolt on wheels thanks to members of the forum! now if anyone is interested in the 6.0 by 15 spline drive minilite look wheels i will be removing, just drop me a private message. i will probably be more than reasonable on price....but as many state on craigslist....no lowball offers!! thanks for all your help!

OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
well after months of deliberation i have completed the necessary front and rear hub changes necessary to mount the 5.5/6 by 15 minilite wheels on my 63 bj7. very pleased with the wheels but had to downsize the rear tires to provide adequate clearance to the inner wheel wells. if i could have found longer wheel studs i could have used the 225/60/15 tires that i was running on the k&n spline drive wheels. speaking of, i have a very nice set of k&n spline drive wheels for sale at a very good price. the wheels and three eared knockoffs are in very good condition. anyone interested in the spline drifve wheels and knockoffs please send a pm for pics and details. thank you.

Attachments

• !cid_0422150813-00.jpg
    !cid_0422150813-00.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 100
OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
well after months of deliberation i have completed the necessary front and rear hub changes necessary to mount the 5.5/6 by 15 minilite wheels on my 63 bj7. very pleased with the wheels but had to downsize the rear tires to provide adequate clearance to the inner wheel wells. if i could have found longer wheel studs i could have used the 225/60/15 tires that i was running on the k&n spline drive wheels. speaking of, i have a very nice set of k&n spline drive wheels for sale at a very good price. the wheels and three eared knockoffs are in very good condition. anyone interested in the spline drive wheels and knockoffs please send a pm for pics and details. the wheels for sale are pictured below. thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Jeepster

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
The minilites look fantastic.

I have never been able to decide if I prefer the look of the minilites on a Healey or to stick with the traditional wires?

Just about to buy new wheels but still undecided.

OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
i sold the spline drive wheels but still have a very nice set of three eared knockoffs for sale. these are in very good condition and i will sell for 30 dollars each plys shipping. retail for about 95 dollars each at moss....a bargain if you are looking for a set. they are coarse thread... i just show two but i have a complete set of four!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1797.jpg
    IMG_1797.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1796.jpg
    IMG_1796.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 70
OP
maxwedge5281

maxwedge5281

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
well, i will say this....the bolt on wheels seem to feel much better on the highway than the spline drive wheels or the 48 spoke wheels on my 100-6. very well pleased with the wheels and hope to do a rear end change sometime this fall to accomodate better gearing, strength, fit, and rear disc brakes. i just wish that the wheels came with a smaller extended center cap. i dont care for the
2.5 inchprotrusions or of the wheel center caps. guess i will start looking for something that will fit the center openings of the wheels more or less flush with the wheel centers. anyone have an idea on this!!.......and i think that the boltons are somewhat lighter than the spline drives!

saltiga

I have a bj8 and have fitted a wheel that was manufactured in Australia under the brand of performance wheels , they called their wheels superlite,( look very similar to the UK produced minilite wheel) mine are 6.0inch wide with a 24mm offset, the rear wheels have to have a spacer fitted to the brake drum as the wire wheel brake drum is different than the disc wheel brake drum. The magnesium wheels have a much finer tolerance than the wire wheels so one has much better wheel balance. the Australian rules are that a wheel can be out of round up to .050inch. I have dial indicated all the wheels and the worst wheel was .010 out, do you thing a wire wheel could be this close?? The car is not on the road so its final performance will not be known till then! , The company of Performance wheels unfortunately went out of production of wheels this year so replacement wheels for me at least is out. When I bought the wheels they told me that the majority of their wheels went to the U.S. Saltiga