• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Cover Girl Ad Photoshoped

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
BxcpJJ-IcAE77IE.jpg

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Coulda gone all day without seeing that.

Agreed. This image bothers me tremendously.

What bothers me even more are sportscasters such as Bob Costas feeling the need to stand on his personal Soap Box to lecture about this topic; to lecture about child abuse; to lecture about changing team names that have become controversial.

I watch network, cable, and satellite sporting events to enjoy the sport.....not to discuss/listen to current events.

I watch network, cable, and satellite newscasts to learn about current events.

I refuse to listen to the Talking Heads behind the sports desk any more.

YOMV

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag
Reminds me of that old cigarette ad: "I'd rather fight than switch".

Country flag
It's all become so out of control, from the actions of the athletes to the opinionating of the sportscasters. Where are the days of the Walter Cronkites and Mickey Mantles? I know these guys weren't perfect, and certainly had their personal issues, but they were held to, and projected a much higher public image then today. Back then news was news and sports were sports. Must be a generational thing:smile:

Larry

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I like cheese.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
C H E E S E...Cheese!