• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I don't understand people

G

Inquired about some used store fixtures for Kelly's studio. The guy give a price and I leave it at that. A few days later I get an email inquiring if we still have any interest, he's now very flexible on price. I say she may be depending on how flexible said price is. Long story short, after several emails, I'm given the new flexible price....that same one as before.

Kelly wants me to take a glass blowing class. I go to the site, it says date hasn't been set yet, contact at XXXXX.com email. So......I email them... The admissions office replies saying to use the "contact us form" to inquire about classes....and the only difference with that is I'm able to provide a phone number.... So I'm thinking, if a school admission office can't answer a potential student's admissions questions without making said student jump through hoops, do I really want to go there ??

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

Hire the Handicapped, and the Post Office is full up.
I've about had it trying to deal with sound equipment manufacturers.

First one was trying to identify our two stage floor pockets, to get more.
LOOKED like Whirlwind, so I did the contact us form.....quite specific....photos and all available....description, and "did you make this?"

Please contact our dealers, as we cannot give price quotes.

I e-mailed them back, stating that if I wanted a price quote on something new, I would have contacted the dealers for that.
But, dealers have no idea on OLD stuff if it was made by Whirlwind or not....and I would make certain we did NOT purchase any Whirlwind items if that's the help I get.

Jeez, did they get apologetic.

Another week of research, they're Mystery Boxes.

The list goes on and on.

Ultimate Support stands are another to never deal with again.

People being People is what starts wars....

Dave

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
People being People is what starts wars....

Ain't that the truth. Sometimes, "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."

Many companies (and people) have websites to promote themselves, and allow as little real human interaction as possible. Same for telephones these days. "Thank you for calling. Your call is important to us. Did you know you can visit us on the Web at C O M P A N Y dot W E B S I T E dot C O M? That's
C O M P A N Y dot W E B S I T E dot C O M. Most questions can be answered on the web! Please listen carefully as our telephone voice menu has changed. Please choose from the following ten choices."

And none of the choices are what you need. If you're lucky, you can eventually reach a real person, who doesn't understand (1) the product, and/or (2) what you're asking, and passes you to a technical department's voice mail.

etc etc etc.

oy

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
"It's a sorry world!" (Tim Wilson)

And as I'm wont to say, 'twas ever so. Remember: The only attitude I can change is my own.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
"The only attitude I can change is my own."

:encouragement:

I also agree with that! My biggest problem, is finding someone who speaks English! You want to deal with an English speaking country, then learn the language properly! I don't speak Spanish, Indian, Chinese, only English! Don't try to convert me to suit your needs, I was born here, you convert to suit mine! :encouragement: I'll say no more. PJ

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Wonder whom the wife was trying to call, she said it was time we went to the fireing range.

OP
D

Deleted member 8987

ComCrap. So, garbage truck knocks one end of a ComCast line loose. Get the city to put up cones. Spend FOUR DAYS on the phone. Unless you have an account, they can't seem to help. Finally had a neighbor who is still ComCast call, they were out within the hour.
"Traffic Hazard" didn't make them morons blink an eye.
"My name is Gerald" with a fillipino accent.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Give me the strength to change the things I can,
the grace to accept the things I cannot,
and a great big bag of money.

:p

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
"My name is Gerald" with a fillipino accent.

Actually with Comcast Dave.
Your call went to up the road from my old house.
That's where their call center is.
I use to have local conversations with them all the time

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag