• NOTICE: This "Forum Navigation Questions" forum is only for asking questions related to navigating this web site. DO NOT post car-related questions here., For car-related questions, use the appropriate marque-related forum.
  • The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Panjo - is this the classified search engine?

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
The reason I ask is that, using my ipad, on the top of the screen it wants me to download the app while I navigate BCF. Is this new? Thanks

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Yes, it is new. Panjo is integrated into the VBulletin forum software, but optional whether it is turned on. I think the mobile App is just to optimize the experience when using such a device. Not unlike how Twitter has its own app. You should not need the app just to browse the forum. I just tried it on my wife's iPad and was able to click the little x and make the Panjo app thing disappear.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Basil,

I just went to take a peek in the Classifieds & When I click on "Classifieds" at the Top of the Page; It automatically brings up that Panjo Mkt Place (I`m on my Desktop). But, When clicking on the "Classifieds" under the "Forum" section; It brings me right to the respective BCF Ads.

Where is that "Little X" your referring to so I can get rid of Panjo on my "Desktop"??

Regards,

Russ

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Thanks Basil - and, Russ, I think you are stuck with it on your desktop - this is an ipad app. sorry

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
Hi Basil,

I just went to take a peek in the Classifieds & When I click on "Classifieds" at the Top of the Page; It automatically brings up that Panjo Mkt Place (I`m on my Desktop). But, When clicking on the "Classifieds" under the "Forum" section; It brings me right to the respective BCF Ads.

Where is that "Little X" your referring to so I can get rid of Panjo on my "Desktop"??

Regards,

Russ

Panjo IS the new classifieds here - there is no getting rid of it except to not visit the classifieds. It is integrated with the classified forums, however. When someone makes a post in the classified forums, it automatically will post the ad to the Marketplace as well as creating a post with the ad in it. Conversely, if someone goes into the Marketplace and "Places and Ad", it will create the ad in the Marketplace, and at the same time, will automatically post a corresponding post in the applicable classifieds forum. Just two different ways to post an ad - both of which put the ad in both places.

The new Panjo system actually comes integrated with this forum software, but I had never turned it on until now because they have made some changes to it that makes it work more the way I think it should. (still not perfect, but better).

This is a much cleaner, more professional type on classifieds system than simply posting in the forum. With Panjo, people can actually buy your item on the spot via PayPal (or via pre-arranged payment with the seller - you have a choice). Also, when you upload pictures to the panjo system, they are stored on the cloud and NOT on my server (and it allows a 4MB size per picture!). Here is a video I made that demonstrates the new Market Place

https://youtu.be/4rzZH_P8zSs