• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Hello From Ontario, Canada

moontune

Freshman Member
So Basil said stop lurking and introduce myself. Basil from Faulty towers by any chance???
I am an old fart now. Started an apprenticeship in Maidstone, Kent , England in 1965, yes the era of the first e type Jags. Luckily enough to work on them when they were new. Also trained on Vauxhall, was a mechanic on go carts and the first droop snoop Firenza's. Came to Canada in 74 had my own repair shop in Toronto for over 20 years and owned and worked on nearly every British car. First car in England was an AC Petite 3 wheeler next a Morris 8 van with the round rear windows, first sports car was a Tornado Talisman, wrote off a beautiful red 65 Mk2 Jag and an early mini. The list goes on and have had a fun time. Restored lots of Triumphs, Mg's, a few Jensen Intercepters, converted a few Mg's to 8 cylinders and v12 Jags to 350 Chevs.Etc.

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold
Welcome to BCF!

With your experience, something tells me we'll be asking you questions as well as answering some of yours.

So what cars do you have today?

Tom

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I am an old fart now.

Welcome aboard mate we gotta few of em old maties on here too.-Keoke--:friendly_wink:

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There moontune,

"Welcome" to the BCF. There is no doubt that you will be an asset to community here & vica-versa.

As Basil mentions; What`s in the stable now?

Regards, Russ

PS: There are several gents down my way from Ontario now; "Golf, Billiards, Cards, Beer"; Not necessarily in that order!!

OP
moontune

moontune

Freshman Member
Nothing in the stable now. Sold the business a while back and the last car was a restored 72 Triumph TR6

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome!

I came to Canada from England too (but as a kid). Lived in Toronto for 5 years but then relatives in the US convinced us the streets were paved with gold in America so we drove down and stayed.

I remember Gerry Marshall racing the droop-snoot Firenzas. I know what a Talisman is but have never seen a AC Petite 3 wheeler.....I'll have to look that up!

Country flag
Hi, and welcome to the BCF!