Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Pourquoi viens-tu si tard ?

Chats

Re: Pourquoi viens-tu si tard ?

Quote Originally Posted by HealeyRick View Post
    Nothing like a new Healey fresh off the showroom floor equipped with a "Bermuda bell" to catch the eye of Judy Holliday:

One of my youngest son's favorite movies is Born Yesterday, Judy Holiday is very funny. She was a genius with an IQ of over 170 and seemed to often play ditzy blondes in comedies.
    OT? I love Healeys and smart women.
    Chris...

Just a few glimpses of Healey here, but a biplane, Volvo 544 and some pleasant Swedish music to help you ease into a Monday.

Rick

Chats

Music was nice, especially for a gloomy Monday here!

Today's offering consists of background Healeys. Don't blink or you'll miss them.

Rick

Couple more background Healeys:

Rick

So what are the odds of a secret agent stepping outside his hotel in Cairo with a Mercedes 300 SL, Porsche 356B coupe, a Healey BJ8 and a Facel Vega Facellia F2B Cabriolet showing up outside?

Rick

So what are the odds of a secret agent stepping outside his hotel in Cairo with a Mercedes 300 SL, Porsche 356B coupe, a Healey BJ8 and a Facel Vega Facellia F2B Cabriolet showing up outside?
    The odds? Back in the day: 1 in 10,000. Now: 0.

Sometimes we need a little trickeration in the course of our Healey restorations:

Rick

Yeah, to restore a Healey you need "the vision thing," that's for sure.
    Reid Trummel
    Editor, HEALEY MARQUE magazine

Ride along on a scavenger hunt. Remember to wear your eyeglasses!

Rick

We've come to the end of the line. I've found all the Healey clips I've been able to. As promised, my not-so-secret source has been the "Internet Movie Cars Database" http://www.imcdb.org/ It's been fun and there's still an untapped reservoir of Sprites on film I'll start up in the Spridget forum.

Rick

Chats

Thanks for doing this Rick, it has been entertaining and fun. I figured that was the source for many of the clips, but you seem to have come up with more than even that site suggests.

Thanks for doing the homework, Rick. Your series was a lot of fun. I looked forward everyday to your next installment.
    Lin
    1959 AN5 Bugeye
    1960 BT7 3000 MKI
    1964 Jaguar MK2
    1969 MB 280SL
    1987 Alfa Romeo Spider Quadrifoglio

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Much appreciated. I know I won't find a clip of this one anytime soon, so we'll all have to tune in to the final season Premier episode of "Mad Men" on AMC on April 13:

"And it has a sort of reintroduction scene of Don Draper flying out to meet Megan in California that is a thing of beauty, pumped along by the furious beat of "I'm a Man" by the Spencer Davis Group – a scene that almost involuntarily makes you want to jump up and throw two fists in the air. Much of the scene is shot in slow motion and effortlessly introduces waves of bold California colors as Don coolly glides on an escalator until he slides out of the frame; Megan, all legs and sultry lips, guides her baby blue dress toward Don as she exits a fabulous green Austin-Healey convertible, completing the California vibe"

Rick

Freshman Member
    Chats

Jeff Bridges in Cutter's Way 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wjd8...ature=youtu.be

It's been fun and there's still an untapped reservoir of Sprites on film I'll start up in the Spridget forum.
    For those with an interest in the little Healeys, too, I've started the Spridget thread here: http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/s...idgets-on-Film

Rick

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Much appreciated. I know I won't find a clip of this one anytime soon, so we'll all have to tune in to the final season Premier episode of "Mad Men" on AMC on April 13:

"And it has a sort of reintroduction scene of Don Draper flying out to meet Megan in California that is a thing of beauty, pumped along by the furious beat of "I'm a Man" by the Spencer Davis Group – a scene that almost involuntarily makes you want to jump up and throw two fists in the air. Much of the scene is shot in slow motion and effortlessly introduces waves of bold California colors as Don coolly glides on an escalator until he slides out of the frame; Megan, all legs and sultry lips, guides her baby blue dress toward Don as she exits a fabulous green Austin-Healey convertible, completing the California vibe"
    Thanks to Dougie:

Rick

Found another, it's in Dutch. I understood the letter "M" when he pointed to the hood louvers, but that was about it:

http://www.rtlxl.nl/#!/gek-op-wielen...6-f473c969ae8c

Rick

For the benefit of Editor Reid:

There's a smidgen of 100 at 4:52 and a blink of Bugeye at 5:35.

and a glimpse of a 3000 convertible driving under the credits "With Guest Star Dawn Addams".

Simon Templar also drives this BJ7 in Season 5, Episode 26, but I couldn't find a clip:

Rick

Those were the days! Every drive was a car show!
    Reid Trummel
    Editor, HEALEY MARQUE magazine