• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

IRS Records - How Long to Keep Records?

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My Wife is going through the old checkbooks that we've kept - some going back to 1977!Just how far back do you HONESTLY need to keep records? - Doug

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
My Wife is going through the old checkbooks that we've kept - some going back to 1977!Just how far back do you HONESTLY need to keep records? - Doug

If you see a glow in the western sky, it's just Doug's bonfire! :jester:

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Last week I found check stubs from 1970... bought the hardtop for the MGB for $100.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Since my wife retired a couple of weeks ago, she has been going through a lot of old papers and stuff, and has been shredding stuff from the '70s also. It is amazing how stuff just gets put away and forgotten.

My IRS stuff doesn't take up too much room, so I keep it for about five or six years, but then it goes. There's just something so satisfying about sending documents through the shredder.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Did that before the big move.
Thankfully they have mobile shredding sites as I had 7 BIG boxes and bags with about 20 years of client invoices
They even give out cookies and Starbucks coffee and kibble for the pooch