• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Lambrecht Chevy auction, Nebraska

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Anybody else catch some of the coverage of the Lambrecht Chevy auction on History channel? They had the guys from Top Gear America commentating. It had to be one of the most entertaining auctions I've ever seen. Prices were crazy! here's a link to a good article
https://www.omaha.com/article/20130928/NEWS/130928682/1707

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Judging by the article - crazy high.

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
I really didn't understand why those cars were fetching such high prices, Except for the Cameo, there was nothing I saw when I watched that was particularly rare. I understand paying high prices for a low-mileage car when it's in showroom condition, but even the cars with two miles on them looked like they needed a complete restoration. I wasn't too keen on the commentators, either. They kept on talking over the bidding. I watched for about an hour, then tuned out.

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
I think the Barrett-Jackson auctions, especially once they became televised, helped fuel the trend for "crazy" pricing. It seemed to me that a lot of the prices at their auctions were considerably higher than what you'd find at market value just shopping around.

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Usually these major car events are half a continent away from me one way or another, this one was just a couple hours away. I thought about going but as the frenzy grew knew I wouldn't get some great deal on a car, and figured as a spectator I would be fighting the crowds as much as looking at the cars. I went to a local car show today, and everybody there knew somebody who went, but didn't talk to anybody who was actually there, though most of us caught a few minutes of it on the History Channel.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Those cars were so publicized for so long, you would need a bucket of money to compete with the bidders that came from everywhere. It was interesting, it was unique, but not for the average joe. PJ

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
A 1967 Lincoln went across the B-J stage (NatGeo channel) for some outrageous amount.

Goofy.