• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My '60 Bugeye now lives in Dubai

BustedKnuckles

Jedi Knight
Well, actually in Sharjah, the next Emirate north. It's now in the hands of a British ex-pat who has lived and worked there for 17 years and who says that he has become bored looking at Rollses, Bentleys, Ferraris and the like and wanted something that would stand out in a crowd.

I'm in Belize, he is in Sharjah, the car was in New York and the transaction was orchestrated by an attorney from Connecticut . He and I came together through a convoluted set of circumstances, spoke regularly by phone over several weeks in the spring, exchanged dozens of emails (with photos) and finally agreed on a price. He arranged to have the car inspected, palleted, transported and container shipped from New York to DuBai where he collected it and drive it home. He says that as the only car of its kind in the UAE, it does get some looks in the city traffic and more than a few "thumbs up" from other Brits as he passes by.

Last edited:

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Neat story! Glad it went well.

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
I know being crass but sure would like to know what it sold for. Seems he really, really wanted it as evidenced by the hoops he had to jump thru, i.e. shipping etc. Having said that I am glad it went to someone that certainly plans on taking really good care of it and enjoying it.