• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR5/TR250 BaT TR250 on eBay

red_tr250

Country flag
I'm hoping it goes for Silly money!

Todd
CD3705L (under restoration)
CD198lL (parts car)
CD6382L (complete but rusty)
CD????LO (solid project)
CD????L (Parts car)
GT6 RHD + Overdrive & sliding roof (soon)
Triumph 2000
TR8 2nd to last automaticn non-a/c

There is TR250 here in town, that same color, stripes and all, it belongs to elderly lady who bought it new from Bill Burgin Triumph when it was new, and she still drives it, the paint is faded like that car, but other than that, it's all solid and still running down the road just fine, been garage kept since the day it was bought new, a friend of mine does the maintenance on it. Every LBC nut in town had tried to buy the car off this lady, but she still drives and enjoys it, calls it here "baby".

Another interesting story, Bill Burgin was the local Triumph dealer and a good friend of my father, his Triumph dealership was about 2 miles away from our fleet lease business, we had like 7 car carrier trucks, so we would go to the port of Charleston and Jacksonville to get Bill new incoming Triumphs for him, and we would unload them at our place and then drive them the 2 miles down to his dealership. So form about 1975-1980, I drove new Triumph 2 miles down to the road to Bill's place, as you can imagine with me, they all got a nice break in run in those 2 miles :smile:

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
That car was very close to me at one time. It was at a house with a open shed. In the shed were 5 other TR250s and a 4a irs. Plus 3 TR6s. Everything is now gone except for the 4A. There were 2 nice green 250s and one TR6 that now belong to friends of mine. It was quite a sight to see all the cars together. There was a auction a few months ago and 7 TRs were up for sale. 6 went to new homes. The red 250 was sold long before this auction. It sure looked like a good project when I saw it maybe 5 years ago. Bob

HerronScott

Darth Vader
That car was very close to me at one time. It was at a house with a open shed. In the shed were 5 other TR250s and a 4a irs. Plus 3 TR6s. Everything is now gone except for the 4A. There were 2 nice green 250s and one TR6 that now belong to friends of mine. It was quite a sight to see all the cars together. There was a auction a few months ago and 7 TRs were up for sale. 6 went to new homes. The red 250 was sold long before this auction. It sure looked like a good project when I saw it maybe 5 years ago. Bob

Bob,

Didn't you post some pictures at the time? I seem to remember at least one had some front end damage and I think maybe some shots of some American Racing magnesium wheels.

Scott

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
That's the cars and pics I was attempting to post. I spoke with the owner today and will be removing the magnesium wheels from the 4A and having a look at them with the tires removed. If they look good on the insides I will be making him a offer on them. If I can not make a deal at least they will be off the car and stored inside. Bob

toysrrus

Yoda
Howdy Hap,

That included myself!! Fred asked me what I thought her car was worth & replied somewhere between $8 - $10K. Ironically, She`s a relative of the gent who bought my TR3. He even asked her (For Me) if she would be int. in selling the car & her reply was; "Their going to bury me in it"!!!

LOL in getting that one!!

Regards, Russ

HerronScott

Darth Vader
That's the cars and pics I was attempting to post. I spoke with the owner today and will be removing the magnesium wheels from the 4A and having a look at them with the tires removed. If they look good on the insides I will be making him a offer on them. If I can not make a deal at least they will be off the car and stored inside. Bob

What do they want for the TR4A or are they keeping that one?

Scott

bob67bgt

Jedi Knight
Scott, He wanted around 1500 -1700 for the complete wrecked car with the American racing wheels on it. It is a IRS car hit pretty hard in the front. I bet its been sitting for 25 years or more. Bob