• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

If you have to ask ...

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well I didn't see any cup holders so I'm guessing it brews the coffee on board and is equipped with dry cleaning apparatus in case you happen to spill some of the coffee.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
RR engineers in planning meeting. "I say old chap, how could we improve that roller?"
"well old bean, let's consider what we <and by "we" I mean the entire British Car Industry> do best?"
"well old sock, I hear lots of talk about our automotive electrical systems."
"why yes, old fruit I've heard that too."
"well, there's nothing for it old bear, let's load up the electrical system even more."
"what a great idea old hat, let's call Lucas and tell them."
"Yes, old boot, let's."
<In unison> "Tea time!"

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
But IS it capable of BVR shoot-down?!? :devilgrin:

D

Deleted member 8987

With 640 horses, they have to intuitively via satellite determine which gear is correct?
Balderdash.
If they are going to go to all that work, why not show you on-screen what cars are ahead, where the traffic bottlenecks are, and where that cop with the laser speed gun is hiding while stroking your 640 horse with a satellite optimized gearbox.

MikeP

Jedi Knight
Honestly, seems to me to remove you even more from the brain work of driving. And in the process provides even more distractions, like the headliner that resembles a "starry" night. The person driving should need to pay attention and THINK about what they're doing, not have those portions of the brain effectively allowed to be diverted to not watching what they're doing.

D

Deleted member 8987

This has been a growing issue over the years. In the name of "safety", we remove "responsibility".
Automatic seat belts. Anti-lock brakes. Air bags. Back-up sensors. Run flat tyres. Auto-park.
Not one of my drivers has any of that stuff.
Yet, it's the people driving cars with it that cut you off, fail to signal or look, back out of a parking space right into you...and with their Blue Teeth stuck in their ear, they cannot hear you holding the horn button down.
You've got Halogen lights so bright YOU can see, but nobody else can.
Daytime Driving Lights so bright you have to flip the mirror to keep from seeing spots at noon.
Now they want to shift you eight speed transmission while employing 640 horse........