• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NASCAR driving experience

G

I haven't done that but I did race stock cars in the Springer class.

Does that count?

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
My brother did it (at Pocono). His wife got it for him for his birthday.

This was the type where a Pocono employee drives a stock-car and you sit shotgun (you do not get to drive).

He likes to drive fast, but he said it was terrifying. They did about 150 mph. He told me he did not enjoy it.

Maybe if it was himself driving, it might have been different.

I've done high-speed driving instruction at Pocono and I have to admit, if some else is driving (like a student), I'm not too keen on it either. Even down around 90 - 100 mph.

Roger

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Back in December I had a go with the Dale Jarrett Racing Adventures at Talladega. I signed up for 10 laps, but wished I'd done 20 since the first few are really wasted in learning. You do drive, with a co-pilot alongside you looking after the safety aspects.
I wasn't consumed by an adrenaline rush, despite lapping Talladega at a higher speed than I'd ever lapped anywhere before. It was my first experience of a NASCAR-type car, first experience of such a banked track. It was interesting, however, and I'm glad I did it though I've no desire to do it again. No gearchanging, no braking, steering only left, no thanks!

Oh, and by the way, Talladega is conveniently close to the Barber Auto museum, which is almost a mandatory visit for a confirmed Lotus nut!

OP
Rhodyspit75

Rhodyspit75

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. I actually found a group. On. So I was able to get 1/2 off the $319 price of the qualifier session. He will be doing the driving. It's at NHMS an easy drive from here. I think we will take separate cars since I won't want to ride home with him.