• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Code Talkers

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
We were honored to meet a couple of the few remaining original WWII era "Code Talkers" the other day at the Base. They were doing a book signing and we picked up a copy of It Had To Be Done - The Navajo Code Talkers Remember World War II

Bill Toledo and Jack Jones both signed our copy (That's SWMBO in the center).

code talkers.jpg

Code Talkers Book.jpg

Attachments

• Code Talkers Book.jpg
    Code Talkers Book.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 17

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Cool Boss,
My SWMBO is sitting in on a Tuskegee airmen talk next week.
To bad I can't get in the property

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I remember reading an original article about them - incredible!

- Doug

judow

Darth Vader - R.I.P
Delighted you got to meet them Boss and get their book. I immediately thought of the Tuskeegee Airmen when I saw the caption Code Talkers. A very dear friend of mine, Frank Roberts (not Robin's dad but the other Frank) was one of the original Tuskeegee Airmen and I still recall his only conversation with me about its inception including the whys and hows. This is the same Frank Roberts that was instrumental in my joining the NAACP, Roxbury MA chapter. Such a quiet unassuming man. I could relate his life history but it would be too involved. Suffice to say that he was one of those "I am so glad you were in my life because you made me a better person" friend. Both he and his wife have long since passed and left no children but certainly many, many friends. His wife, Beba, was equally noteworthy as she escaped a Yugoslavian camp under the Tito administration by walking into Germany. This is where she met Frank and their marriage lasted for over 50 years only to be parted by death. So Boss delighted you got to meet two Code Talkers and I am sure they will leave their mark on you both. Surely history in real life.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Quite amazing.

My dad told me stories of the Code Talkers and the Red Tails well back in time, I was a pre-teen then. Built a U-line P-51 out of balsa wood, painted up in 332nd livery as a result.