Thread: BJ 7 (# 24937) Restoration Pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

BJ 7 (# 24937) Restoration Pics

Here ya go, people...... please take a look.

http://www.calabashcattery.com/4images/index.php?

Work on the site currently being done, so updates, etc...coming....may be down temporarily , at times (uses Lucas electrics [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

You do not have to register in order to look at the pictures, still somewhat disorganized.

We are trying to do a concours restoration. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Most of the major work is being done by my friend Charlie, who owns Twin Brooks Restoration in Suffield, Connecticut.

Yes, we do breed Maine Coon Cats, also [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    Happy Motoring,
    Peter
    1963 Big Healey 3000 BJ7, George, Gold Concours
    1965 Mini Moke 850
    1960 Bugeye Sprite 1275

Chats

Re: BJ 7 (# 24937) Restoration Pics

Peter, need a bit of back lighting to improve the contrast,but what I can see looks very good.---Keoke
    1966 Daimler V8 Saloon; Safely Fast, Built to Last & and; Smooth as Glass.
    1966 BJ8 [ 2 ] Lil Red & Miss bLU
    1985 XJ6 Saloon
    1948 & 70 Lincoln continentals
    1973 Volvo P1800ES

Chats

Peter,

Thanks for sharing the photos .. the repair and paint looks top notch! It appears you are well along on the restoration and will be able to get it on the road shortly.

My one critique on the photos is that many are very dark. It's hard to photograph a dark car indoors with the cameras' automatic settings. If your camera has adjustments, look into the exposure controls to adjust for lighter pictures and you can get much more detail in your shots. Also adding more lights to illuminate the subject will help.

Cheers,
    John

Yeah, absolutely!...... I am going to try to get some more pics on Friday morning. The red interior is now installed, and more! Thanks for the feedback, guys, do appreciate it!
    Aiming to have the car on the road by the end of May, or earlier if possible!

Best regards,
    Happy Motoring,
    Peter
    1965 Mini Moke 850
    1960 Bugeye Sprite 1275

OK Peter, I own a BJ7 and am a former owner of a Maine Coon (Cap'n Alzo in honor of my wife's great grandfather, a schooner captain out of Belfast). Perhaps the BJ7 isn't the best of the Healeys, but the Maine Coon is the best cat that ever walked the face of the planet. The BJ7 looks great, my only concern is some of the engine/tranny pics look a little too "green" rather than the steely gray/green. Could be just the camera. What kind of paint are you using øn the motor?

Happy Healeying,
    Rick

Rick

Rick - We matched the paint to the original paint that was still on the generator, so it may not be the exact shade folks are used to seeing, but it is original!
    We love the BJ7, best or not, it is a **** fine car and will drive a bunch better whenever we get done with it than it did before the restoration!
    Roger on the Maine Coon Cats! They are the finest cats ever! We have 5 now, fewest we've had in the house for many years, and love em ! For some better cat pics than the car pics, for the moment anyway look at http://calabashcattery.com
    Happy Motoring,
    Peter
    1965 Mini Moke 850
    1960 Bugeye Sprite 1275

hay pbraun,its tony from stamford,look i passed on the 65 red bj7,but may 12 was my birthday and i treated myself to a 63 bj7 black,red interior,mostly redone,not too rough around the edges,and having a blast with it,ill try to run over to the mini shop soon to say high,maybe we can get together so i can see how your beauty is coming along.ladda gadda! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif[/img]

Chats

I can't view the initial pics but the pics of the last car show the rear shock links flipped up. They should be pivoted down so the lever arm on the shock is horizontal or mid range in its travel while the car is on its wheels.