• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

T-Series Any Victor TF 1800 owners out there?

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
After a number of years of looking, I recently bought an MG TF 1800 mfg by Victor Motor Company. For those not familiar with these, it is an MG TF (fiberglass) body on a custom built frame and uses MGB mechanicals. Unlike many of the kit cars that are "styled" similar to an original, this one is an exact copy of the TF body. Body parts will interchange with a "real" TF. Mine actually has a steel bonnet and side panels.
Mine came with a large tote of literature pertaining to the car, probably close to 30 pounds of paper. I have the original assembly manual, plus another two volume manual about the car.
I would be interested in hearing from other owners because there are some details that need to be finished on mine as well as a few things I would like to change
Bruce
TF3.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Very nice!

Guy in my local club has a Victor, very cool car. Only giveaway was the dash with the MGB gauges. T-series looks with freeway speed, nice combination.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
As far as I know Bruce, their the best copy ever of the TF and with the 1800 engine and B drive train, they'll go like the wind! Good luck with it and many happy miles. PJ

OP
bcliff

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Didn't get it from Paul. It came from Florida, by way of Georgia.
Does Paul have one?
Bruce

swift6

Yoda
bcliff said:
Didn't get it from Paul. It came from Florida, by way of Georgia.
Does Paul have one?
Bruce

Last I knew he had two. One with the MGB driveline, the second with a 400ci V8 installed. At least I think the V8 car is a Victor TF.

OP
bcliff

bcliff

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I went to visit Paul, and he showed me his collection of Victor TFs.
The company's first completely assembled cars used the stock MGB drivetrain. Paul has one of those. Customers requested more power, so they made some powered with a Chevy V6. Paul has one of those. When people wanted more power, they created a model with a Chevy V8. 350CID and 400+ HP. Paul has one of those.
He started it up and WOW!! What a monster!. They did a beautiful job on the car. The hood was lengthened 2 inches, and the fenders widened to accomodate wider tires, and it still looks right. I'd like to get the whole group together for a picture. Mine gets license plates today. Can't wait to get it on the road legally.
Bruce

Norm73B

Freshman Member
I have been looking for one for some time, I think people don't really appreciate how good they are.
Memory being what it is, I remember one being advertised in the recent past on ebay.
Seems it was the company owner's car and also could be had with all the original moulds.
The ad closed before I saw it so I do not know if it sold, would be interesting to know if it did sell and what happened to the moulds etc.
Does anyone know?